Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2007 Accord Halo Lights.... What you think?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Default 2007 Accord Halo Lights.... What you think?

I was wondering what you guys think about me getting Halo Lights on my 2007 Honda Accord.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Accord Halo Lights.... What you think?-phot0046.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I think they would go great with some 22" chrome wheels and a large rear wing, add on some fake air vents on the front fenders, chrome pillar covers, blacked out taillights.

If that is the look you are going for then...

In all seriousness, depends.

There are 2 ways to get the Halo rings for your headlights

1) buy the cheap headlights that have them already installed. These are bad for a few reasons. First is the quality of the projector (that is what focuses your light) is so bad that so much less light is on the road. The factory headlights do 10x a better job at lighting up the road. Second most aftermarket lights tend to start leaking at sometime, getting the moisture in the lense which looks like poo and makes it even harder to see at night.

2) the other way involves splitting open your factory headlights and installing a halo ring around your factory projector. This method lets you keep the high quality factory housing and will work much better.

If you are planning on doing it the 2nd way and the Halo look is one you like then go for it.

There are tons of write-ups on both this board and many others on how to do it.

Good luck to you and remember do not buy crappy aftermarket headlights cause they really really suck.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by crispin
I think they would go great with some 22" chrome wheels and a large rear wing, add on some fake air vents on the front fenders, chrome pillar covers, blacked out taillights.

If that is the look you are going for then...

In all seriousness, depends.

There are 2 ways to get the Halo rings for your headlights

1) buy the cheap headlights that have them already installed. These are bad for a few reasons. First is the quality of the projector (that is what focuses your light) is so bad that so much less light is on the road. The factory headlights do 10x a better job at lighting up the road. Second most aftermarket lights tend to start leaking at sometime, getting the moisture in the lense which looks like poo and makes it even harder to see at night.

2) the other way involves splitting open your factory headlights and installing a halo ring around your factory projector. This method lets you keep the high quality factory housing and will work much better.

If you are planning on doing it the 2nd way and the Halo look is one you like then go for it.

There are tons of write-ups on both this board and many others on how to do it.

Good luck to you and remember do not buy crappy aftermarket headlights cause they really really suck.
Okay Thanks man.... You gave me exactly what I want to know......I didn't want to get the aftermarket for that reason right there...people already complain about my factory lights are way to bright and I would like to keep it that way, didn't even know about the second option so I'm going to have to do some research on that one......

I would put 22's on the car but my 20's already scrub on the back and at the time i really didn't want to get the car lifted and cutting it is way out the picture... thought about the blackout lights because of my black interior

Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 AM

I thank you for not lifting your Honda and running 22's

Here read this thread, gives a little info on diffferent things you can do with your stock lights

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...dlights-47122/

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Yeah I hate Honda or Acura that are lifted, takes away from the car to me......

Thanks for the information, now I just have to find somebody willing to do it for me.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM

It is actually pretty easy to do.

Take headlights off - 4 bolts in grill , 1 bolt on each side of inner fender, bumper comes right off. Headlights are screwed in with a couple more bolts

turn oven to lowest setting (apx 200 degrees)

Put headlight in (put tin foil down first) heat about 10 mins

Pull headlight out, slowly pull headlight apart

Paint inside, install halos, leds, ect...

Put back in oven 10 mins

Pull out and squeeze together till glue cools

Install back on car

you can do it yourself

Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM

It is actually pretty easy to do.

Take headlights off - 4 bolts in grill , 1 bolt on each side of inner fender, bumper comes right off. Headlights are screwed in with a couple more bolts

turn oven to lowest setting (apx 200 degrees)

Put headlight in (put tin foil down first) heat about 10 mins

Pull headlight out, slowly pull headlight apart

Paint inside, install halos, leds, ect...

Put back in oven 10 mins

Pull out and squeeze together till glue cools

Install back on car

you can do it yourself
lmao thanks, I appreciate that man....are the halo rings or whatever expensive.. i'm about to search amazon

Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 AM

No man they are pretty cheap - I would go with LEDs as they last longer than the CFL's

2x 90mm White Leds Car Angel Eyes Halo Ring Light 469# | eBay

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM

okay thanks for all your help man, i really appreciate it......

Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 AM

No man they are pretty cheap - I would go with LEDs as they last longer than the CFL's

2x 90mm White Leds Car Angel Eyes Halo Ring Light 469# | eBay
I have a question ... the link with the rings you gave me does the lights turn off when the main lights turn off too and will these work as on the side lights like most new cars have 2x 24cm (24 Leds) BLUE Neon Flexible Strip Light 423# | eBay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Accord Halo Lights.... What you think?