Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord 02 ex headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Default Accord 02 ex headlights

Hi All! I just bought a accord 02 ex and I want to put replace the headlights with an aftermarket one not sure which one will look nice on it.... I was thinking about those halo headlights with hid, but not sure what brand or if there are some newer style headlights that are out now. Please let me know if you guys know any.

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Most of those halo headlights tend to have awful cutoffs (fixable).. but the bigger thing is, they also have awful sealing most of the time so it gets all fogged up easily.. It's a pain to reseal them yourself, stick the headlight in the oven etc etc..

Your best bet, take out your old ones, try to have them retrofitted with projectors, LEDs, whatever else.. I think there's a guy that does retrofits on this forum, not sure.. If not, forget the halo rings and buy TYC projectors, highest aftermarket quality headlight housings I can think of..

btw you gotta take apart the front bumper for this if you don't already know that..

Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

In my opinion most of the aftermarket headlights look cheap(mostly because they are cheap). Retrofitted projectors look good, but are expensive to pay someone to do, and not a task most want to do. I have made a few in my day, but I'm not jumping for joy to make more lol.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

i have modded my own headlights, and i've bought projectors. the projectors i got required customization. TYC makes some of the better aftermarket lights for our gen vehicles, IMO.

pics of my process are here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229617...edan-4d/page-4

i disassembled the projector

disassembly of stock is easy on a hot day

painted chrome interior black, not the reflector

before

after halo

after stock

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 05-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

i like this style, and is HID upgradeable

98-02 Accord BLK Angel Eye Halo LED Projectro Headlight | eBay

Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive

those are more or less the ones I have on mine.. I know it looks good in pics but they are made with plastic and they really don't look that good unless it's dark and the HID blues are on.. i got lucky, I never have fogging problems so far (cross my fingers)..

but there are a lotta guys on 6thgenaccord.net that are selling retrofits for like 175 to 200, some a bit more.. good looking ones too..

Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

K_H_A

I think the mod'ed stock ones look much better - IMO

I also have the JDM / halo style on mine, and while they look good the beam pattern on the HID low beams is horrible.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

i agree with the modded stock looking better. that is what i have on now.

they also sell stock-type with black and a clear turn reflector. i like those even more. you also get much better performance for lighting. the projectors will bounce with bumps (not well secured) and the beam pattern is poor. poor optics with the aftermarket. the new oem projectors are well engineered (but much more expensive)

Old 05-06-2012, 02:14 PM

thanks guys! i don't know much about cars so is TYC a brand or how do I look up finding them?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive

I was also looking at these... almost got it but hesitated cause I"m not sure if it's good or has any problems.

Quick Reply: Accord 02 ex headlights