Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord 02 ex headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Silence07617
I do like how they look, but the only problem is I know nothing about modding or anything that's related about taking car parts apart. Is there any at all that's already made that I could buy? Anything where I don't have to mod? After I buy it, I was going to bring it to a friend to have him install it since he works at auto shop but I'm sure he wouldn't know how to modify it....
Seriously buddy I think you should just leave your head lights alone and find some other things to modify.

If you can't even change the headlights yourself you really shouldn't even consider messing with them.

What is wrong with your car the way it looks?

No one is going to confuse your car for a BMW or Audi if you change the headlights to those (I have them) halo lights.

How about a nice stereo/ or tinted windows?

Or change all your bulbs to LEDs (which I have done that make everything look so much better)

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. I am not trying to rain on your parade or anything. To pay money to have headlights that work worse then the ones you have is just silly - IMO

Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by crispin
Seriously buddy I think you should just leave your head lights alone and find some other things to modify.

If you can't even change the headlights yourself you really shouldn't even consider messing with them.

What is wrong with your car the way it looks?

No one is going to confuse your car for a BMW or Audi if you change the headlights to those (I have them) halo lights.

How about a nice stereo/ or tinted windows?

Or change all your bulbs to LEDs (which I have done that make everything look so much better)

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. I am not trying to rain on your parade or anything. To pay money to have headlights that work worse then the ones you have is just silly - IMO
Alright crispin I'll hand it to you, in all truth the TYCs probably are about the same quality as any other ones.. I never used them, I just remember a few people told me they're better.. I use aftermarket halo ones which, 2 years ago seemed like a nice lil project for me..

truth be told, they do suck, the spread pattern is gonna wanna make you shoot yourself, somehow no matter how much you adjust the projectors their cutoff continues to suck period.. I say just get a HID kit for the stock housings and call it a day.. so much better of an idea..

and no you won't get pulled over for using HIDs in free form.. last I checked Acura TL's from 98-02 and RLs came with stock HIDs and free form housings..

and yo if you're not doing it yourself, paying someone to do it, screw it.. you're definitely barking up the wrong tree.. just buy some LED strips and stick em all over your headlights and your car in general.. LED strips on the roof anyone??