Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Default 2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?

Hello all. I'm new here and new to thread's, posting... sorry in advance if this is in the wrong Thread. I'm also not very knowledgeable with cars so apologize again if these are lame questions.

I just bought a 2013 Accord EX, 4 Cylinder, CVT no navigation. Love it. Got 38.2 mpg at 65mph this morning. Averaged like 36.6-37.4 at 75mph.

Question; is there anyway to upgrade to the good looking LED Headlights I didn't get?

Thanks,
Sean

Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 AM

I was wondering the exact same thing. I am in the market for the 2013 Honda Accord and did not want to have to opt for the touring model. Those LED headlights & DRL give a really good look to the car.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing as well.

I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 W/ Navi last month and wanted to upgrade the headlights to the touring LED's. I emailed the dealership and they said it would be more cost effective to buy a Xenon HID conversion kit... But, I don't want to do that. I want the touring LED headlights. Does anyone know how much it would cost to buy a set of the LED projector head lights?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Has anybody contacted a dealer to find out how much it would cost to just buy a new set of Touring Headlights? I'd bet they're in the neighborhood of about $1k.

I have the 2013 EX-L (4cyl) and I'm looking to upgrade to the LED's as well. Any info would be helpful!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM

I actually went to the dealership to see about upgrading to the touring headlights. After 30 minutes of waiting to find out the difference of the part in they're manuals they said they would not be able to do it because it would void the warrenty since the EX model was not built with this part. (even though the part is exactly the same size and same connection....amlost not difference).

The difference in the price for the lights were about a $130 difference from the the stock ones.

The cost of the LED Touring Headlights were a little of $470 each.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 AM

I called the dealership yesterday and inquired this concern to the service manager who then put me on the phone with the parts representative. He really understood what I was asking him and offered to talk to his top electrical mechanic and get back to me on Monday. It's worth it to ask about it. Even if it voids the warranty it takes away the bad decision of not including LED lights on every model. Now every time I'm driving down the road, the German cars are taunting me showing off their LEDs. Lol. Not cool.

I do have a plan "B" idea in case that doesn't work out or is just not feasible. Just a thought. If the fog lights could be replaced with LED's (five bulbs on each side) that can be hooked up to the day time running automatic switch. That could work too. I've seen some Mercedes set up like that and its not a bad option. Again, only if its feasible. Then we can get our "Fix". I will post with any progress update.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by NJTSCOTT
I do have a plan "B" idea in case that doesn't work out or is just not feasible. Just a thought. If the fog lights could be replaced with LED's (five bulbs on each side) that can be hooked up to the day time running automatic switch. That could work too. I've seen some Mercedes set up like that and its not a bad option. Again, only if its feasible. Then we can get our "Fix". I will post with any progress update.
I like that idea too!
Def keep us posted on what they tell you about the swap of headlights. I find it hard to believe that your entire warranty would be voided simply by changing out the headlights. Is not like we're looking to put after-market crap on it.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have done a lot of research on this subject. I believe this a rather largely debated thread on here somewhere pertaining to this exact question. Well what I got out of it IS possible to do the conversion BUT you will lose the LED DRLs, the V-6 model of the accord has a different wiring layout in the ECM so I'm not sure if it can be done completely. I think the LED headlights are sick as hell. I would turn my head every time I saw a car with LED headlights stock. It just catches my eye. Something to note: unfortunately the LED headlights do not light up the road as well as the underdog models with the halogens.

... I love those headlights so much I am tempted to get the touring model just because they had them...but I have to think logically. :-)

Old 04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by NJTSCOTT
I called the dealership yesterday and inquired this concern to the service manager who then put me on the phone with the parts representative. He really understood what I was asking him and offered to talk to his top electrical mechanic and get back to me on Monday. It's worth it to ask about it. Even if it voids the warranty it takes away the bad decision of not including LED lights on every model. Now every time I'm driving down the road, the German cars are taunting me showing off their LEDs. Lol. Not cool.

You know, I have also looked into plan B. those MB LED DRLs are sick. Make the car stand out. I like the ones that have the 5 in a row then the last couple turn down on an angel. Like an upside down check mark. They would blend very well with any generation accords front end. I think the MB OEM LEDs are about $500 for the pair, but are highly quality. You get what you pay for. . . Goodluck.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:41 PM

If you want the Touring Headlight and Taillights you need to go too hardtop guy.com he sales the lights and harness to make them work for any 2013 Accord here's a link to his website

hardtopguy.com

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?