Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Here's a picture of a LED Touring Headlight next to a standard 2013 accord headlight

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?-image.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:11 PM

To follow up;
So I finally heard from the dealer and apparently I'm not the only one that asked about it. They said they will not change it out. Too much work and no guarantee as well as voiding the warranty.

One thing I did change on my 2013 EX was the bottom of the back bumper trim. (Chrome snap on piece) It was fairly easy to change out. The EXL and above have the trim package with the two reflectors. For $102 (dealer cost) it gives it a cleaner look.

"34skyline" left interesting info I will check out as well.

Last edited by NJTSCOTT; 05-12-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Follow up
Old 05-12-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by NJTSCOTT
To follow up;
So I finally heard from the dealer and apparently I'm not the only one that asked about it. They said they will not change it out. Too much work and no guarantee as well as voiding the warranty.

One thing I did change on my 2013 EX was the bottom of the back bumper trim. (Chrome snap on piece) It was fairly easy to change out. The EXL and above have the trim package with the two reflectors. For $102 (dealer cost) it gives it a cleaner look.

"34skyline" left interesting info I will check out as well.
WOW the EX model does not come with bumper reflector trim? I have a sport and just ordered the bumper trim on friday, Did you install it or have the dealer install it? Dealers won't install the headlights or taillights at all I asked about 5 honda dealerships in my area and they all said no, You have to take it too customized shop but hardtoguy has a plug and play harness so there's no need to modify anything it's already done for you all you have to do is install it and it's a lot of work too you have to take off the front bumper too install them, This is the best way to have some sort of feeling of owning a Touring but with out the HP and price tag....

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 34Skyline
WOW the EX model does not come with bumper reflector trim? I have a sport and just ordered the bumper trim on friday, Did you install it or have the dealer install it? Dealers won't install the headlights or taillights at all I asked about 5 honda dealerships in my area and they all said no, You have to take it too customized shop but hardtoguy has a plug and play harness so there's no need to modify anything it's already done for you all you have to do is install it and it's a lot of work too you have to take off the front bumper too install them, This is the best way to have some sort of feeling of owning a Touring but with out the HP and price tag....

I brought it home and then asked a buddy that owns a body shop. After his vote of confidence I changed it out. Two pop out snaps (needle nose squeezing top and regular screw driver prying the bottom) and then two phillips screws. Pretty easy. About 15 minutes work.

Still interested in putting the daytime LED running lights in the fog light spots like the Benz. Probably a more economical choice.

The tailight LED's from that web site hardtopguy.com are pretty sweet as well. Everything in moderation. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 PM

Just in case someone is looking for their 2013 bulb types, I came across at Hidextra.com's blog about the complete list of 2013 bulb types. So if anyone is interested, probably that's a big help.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:15 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so please enlighten me with a bit information about this topic. I know this own topic but still new to me. I plan to swap my coupe headlight with the touring headlight (outside honda dealer). Do I need to buy a different wire harness for the new headlight since it has two H11 Bulbs for the projectors and the LED also. Please help me out

Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Hi guys i just got a 2014 accord sport. I already changed the tag lights, map ans dome lights, also the front side marker light to LED, but i cant find the front signal led replacement. Does anybody know where can I find an LED light to replace those?

Thanks!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah to run the Touring lights you will need a new harness of course the new housings. Looking at about $1400 as I understand it. A somewhat (NOT MUCH) cheaper option see the above posts. I just opted for HID. Probably going to upgrade to 55W down the road as the stock bulbs are 55W

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Lumen® - LED Daytime Running Lights

I am new to this stuff too, but if it is LED's you guys are looking for just go to carid and type in your make and model and select the headlights section, not sure if i am right though and im sorry if im wrong

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord LED Headlights Upgrade?