Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

7th gen internal vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default 7th gen internal vibrations

Looking for quick easy answers to fix these vibrations before I sell the car... They're really not that bad, considering the car is now 5 years old, but the closer to new I can make it the better.

So as I idle, sometimes my front tweeters in the dash start to kinda rattle... It's like the "grill cover" is just sitting in there, but I can't easily remove it with my fingers. I haven't tried any tools yet either as I don't want to damage anything, and don't want to scratch my windshield.

Also, the glovebox rattles as well.. Not like it's loose, but like something inside is rattling... When I kinda hit it with my palm, I hear a lot of rattling inside like something's loose... I unclipped it and let it dangle and tried again, but nothing... So I continued to beat on the glove box door and still nothing.. it only happens when the glove box door is shut, but again it's not a loose sound like it isn't closing completely.. It's odd... There's nothing in my glovebox, so it's nothing inside of it making the noise..

And i have the back seat to fix... maybe more on that later.... stupid body shop screwed it up and refuse to take responsibility for it.....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Default RE: 7th gen internal vibrations

i would have someone else drive your car and just press on the rattling items to find what portion of the parts are causing the rattles, then tighten or brace the gaps with foam...

Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 PM

what car are u getting next if u dont mind me asking

Old 01-16-2008, 08:33 PM

good idea smag... now to find someone i trust driving my car

AxCxCxOxRxD

Haven't fully decided... was looking at a 06/07 accord v6 coupe, but I'm wondering if it's worth it... seems like the mods available aren't as easily to come by and not near as cheap as the 4cyl, and the low end torque is still pretty weak comparitivly...

i still have more research to do...