Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

95 Accord Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Default 95 Accord Question

I just got an AutoZone Rewards card from my uncle and so I went up there tonight to just look around and a couple of things caught my eye. I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth it to spend $19.99 on a Honda steering wheel cover and then $39.99 on a set of 4 painted rims, or I guess you could say, wheel covers since they're just crappyrims. I can only put 14" rims on my car and they have a set of 4 chrome rims on clearance for $4.98 and then they have the rest, non-chrome rims, for $39.99 for a set of 4. I'm leaning twoards getting the non-chrome rims because if I ever was to get chrome rims, I should probably spend the extra buck to get the real deal and get bigger rims. I just want some new rims only because my old ones are decaying and I want it to look good on my car instead of looking like the crappy rims that they really are. I'm going up there again tomorrow morning and I would really like your opinion guys. Is it really worth spending the money on any of this or not? I would like it if you guys could try and help me out by tomorrow morning because if I go tomorrow, I'm most likely going to buy tomorrow. more pictures to add to the post, will edit soon. Sorry I don't have pictures of the rims because they are made by KT and their website seems like they made it on Freewebs and paid $19.99 for the .com name. I get my JVC stereo installed Tuesday. Will have pictures up as soon as it's done. I know you're probably thinking, are you serious, the guy only has the money to buy $39.99 rip-off rims from AutoZone, but here's the thing. I'm only 16 and I bought my own car with my own money. The car was originally $7,000, but we got a $2,000 discount because we had bought there before, so I took my $5,000 and spent it on buying the car. Then I kept $200 in the bank since my parents want it for insurance money. So, in the end, I'm left with around $350-$400, $206 of which I spent on the JVC. And I can't get a job until this summer because I play lacrosse. Sorryabout the long post. Hope you guys understand. Just a young guy trying to get started in the Accord world.

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car010qc7.jpg

Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: 95 Accord Question

Alright man, heres the deal. Its your car. Make it look how YOU want it to. You cant afford rims, so you want to dress it up a little with some wheel covers? Great, do it! If you like how its gonna look, just do it. If you want a Honda steering wheel cover, then get one man. You can get the wheel covers until you save up enough for a set of rims. No one here is going to put you down because you dont have a bunch of money to spend on your car. I think its great that you saved up and bought your own car. I had to do the same, so I know how you feel about being broke but wanting to customize your ride.

By the way, what position do you play?

Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 PM

I know, I just wish I had the money to buy what I want. Thank you for the reply, though. Do you play lacrosse? I play attack.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:47 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I never played lacrosse, but my wife played in high school, and she is kind of a fanatic about it lol. I think its fun to watch, and I would like to play. I want to be whatever guy checks the hell out of the other guy. Yeah, thats the one I want lol.

Looking at the picture of your wheel cover, I would say its probably a good idea to get another set. Another thing you might do is spray paint the wheel itself with some black spray paint. It will make it look just a little better.

And believe me, if I had the money to buy what I want for my car, I would be really happy. Lets see, new 17 inch rims with tires, rebuild my engine, turbo it at 15 psi, Dr Evil transmission, lowering springs, etc etc. We all want more money and more car stuff lol.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM

honestly if the rims are ok looking i think id rather the rims than steelies but then again theyre 14" all on you dude more power to ya

Old 03-26-2007, 03:48 AM

You want to be defense then poser? Thank you HuYnHness. I think when I go tomorrow I'll ask and make sure they're returnable, put them on the car, take pictures, and then ask your opinion. If they are returnable, then I'll do all that, and then I'll either return them or keep them. The only thing is, I don't want the fake chrome rims but I do want the other rims which are around $39.99. I'd rather have the silver rims or the painted rims instead of the fake chrome rims. I'll add pictures tomorrow on this thread so keep your eyes open. Thanks guys.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Dude I totally know what you are going through! I just turned 18 on Friday and bought my Accord when I turned 16 and I know how tight money is! I have worked every summer 8-3 monday-friday @ my school since my soph. year and have basically used all that money towards my car! This summer I will do the same and want some rims, rachign seats, and projectors. It will take some time but just save your money, and remember...eBay is your friend!

But yeah, dude check out my photo gallery (and feel free to rate my car). I have the chrome hubcaps from Advance auto. They are $32, but you will probablyu end up buying two sets. I had one, then my dad lost one, and then I left them on for the winter last year and the road salt eats up the finish. Oh well, I still have on extra just in case.

Anyways, have you thought about simply spray painting your OEM hubcaps? Some people spray them black w/ a high quality paint and finish and they look pretty good! Just an idea.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:15 PM

Thanks 19Accord97, I'm going to start work this summer, too. And all of my money is probably going to go twoards my car, and insurance, since my parents are making me pay for that, too. But I don't know about the black spray paint because I have 14" rims and I don't have my windows tinted yet so it will look kind of goofy. Do you have any pictures of someone who spray painted some 14" rims black? Thanks man.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Spray painting the rims is a good idea of you are going to use covers, just get some flat black so it all blends in better.... I can't believe you guys can afford Honda's at 16.... I drove a 1981 Chevy Citation! It's hard not having money and going to school.... then you get older, get married and then you REALLY don't have any money.... I thought I was broke back then but that was before the wife and baby... now I'm really broke.... it's like, "hey honey can I get a radio for my car? " "sure you can, right after you buy me that new couch that I want, it's only $2300.00..."... then it all comes down to what's more important, a fast car, or a happy wife....so I'm going to spend my days sitting on my overpriced couch playing games dreaming about what the turbo would have done for my car and sleeping next to a happy woman at night... *L*

Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeah, take your current wheel covers off, clean up the rim, spray paint it flat black, and then put on the new wheel covers that you buy. It ought to look pretty sharp.

Quick Reply: 95 Accord Question