Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

95 Accord Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 95 Accord Question

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

then you get older, get married and then you REALLY don't have any money.... I thought I was broke back then but that was before the wife and baby... now I'm really broke.... it's like, "hey honey can I get a radio for my car? " "sure you can, right after you buy me that new couch that I want, it's only $2300.00..."... then it all comes down to what's more important, a fast car, or a happy wife....so I'm going to spend my days sitting on my overpriced couch playing games dreaming about what the turbo would have done for my car and sleeping next to a happy woman at night... *L*
the key is to get everything done to your car in the short window after school and before marrage.

I like the idea of painting the covers and or rim black. Should make it look pretty good. I remember seeing a picture of a accord with the alloy rims painted black on google, but i dont remember what i searched, it made it look real good, a completely different look.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm not trying to sound stupid or anything but I just want to make sure that I understand what you're saying. So I should take the current wheel covers off, and then the rim which is underneath, spray paint that flat black and then put on some new wheel covers? The part that I circled red would be the part that I spray flat black then?

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car923jv8.jpg

Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

yeah thats correct, or you could just paint the cover and all.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:22 PM

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm afraid that if I spray paint the wheel covers themselves just to see if I liked it, that I wouldn't like it and it would obviously be too late to take it off. I might just do the flat black spray paint on the rims and then get some new wheel covers.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sounds like a plan! Well its up to you dude. If you think you are going to buy new hubcaps, you may as well try spray painting your stock hubcaps or/and your wheels and see how it turns out. If you dont like it, then it really doesnt matter! I will look for the Accord that I saw w/ the hubcaps...

Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Alright, thanks man. I'm going to go to O'Reilly Auto Parts tomorrow and look for some because they are like $10.00 cheaper then AutoZone, but when money is tight, $10.00 is a deal.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I hear ya! Im still looking on cardomain and about to give up! Im on page 35, and have the search to 95-97 honda accords. If you want to look feel free, but it is a light blue accord w/ a body kit and black painted hubcaps.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 AM

Thanks for looking man. I think this is what I will do. My mom is being a sucker about this but I have no way to avoid her when doing this because she is so worried about it getting on the cement and she doesn't realize that someone invented rags and things called tarpslong before she was born. But anyways. My rims, as you can see from the picturein one of my previous posts,is all rusty. Don't I need to put a primer on there before I do the flat black? And then after I put the primer, since the front or maybe even back tires might get really hot, I'll probably need the high-heat resistant spray paint. The high-heat resistant spray paint will work just the same as the flat black, won't it?

This on first, the primer
http://www.krylon.com/main/color_pro...age_alt=Krylon

And then this on second, the high-heat resistant spray paint
http://www.krylon.com/main/color_pro...age_alt=Krylon

Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Still cant find it. Sorry bro

Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Looks like a good plan! I wouldnt spray paint the wheels while they are still on the car. Just jack up the car, make sure you use the correct jack points and blocks, then you could put the spare tire on while you paint the wheel. Just make sure the wheels are tightened properly after you paint them.

Quick Reply: 95 Accord Question