Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/accord-coupe-ranked-higher-than-sedan-15234/)

Baxter 01-08-2008 03:34 PM

Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

As a new owner of a 2008 Accord sedan, I noticed USNews & World Report ranks the "exterior" of the Coupe as being superior to the sedan at its site http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Honda-Accord/

The Accord is ranked #1 overall among affordable midsize cars, but I wonder if the consensus is that the Coupe is better looking. Did I buy the wrong car?

00AccordLX5spd 01-08-2008 03:36 PM

RE: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

It's all opinion my man. Personally I like the coupe better, but the sedan is growing on me. I also like four doors in a car so I don't know if I would buy a coupe for quite a few years (till I won't need to use carseats anymore)

falkore24 01-08-2008 04:42 PM

the center console on both look like @$$ mixed with puke!!! The nav version's steering wheel should be burned too. Exterior and power are nice as is most of the interior. All in all I give the new accords a big thumbs down. If they wanted a cheaper TL clone, it should have been a TL-LX ..... this car is not an accord IMO.

Baxter 01-09-2008 02:42 PM

Okay, the USNews site says this is the best overall car in its class based on the collective wisdom of all expert car reviews -- putting appearance aside, is this right?

jblaust 01-09-2008 10:20 PM

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles. Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones. People's Tune will change. I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it. I am not a big fan of the new Sedan but it is growing on me in certain colors. I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it. Only thing partially negative I have heard is that it needs a drop bad, which i already knew. As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER! I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it. My car is black/black with leather. You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.

jblaust 01-09-2008 10:38 PM

Falkore I hope your not comparing the new accords center console to your"superior"cheap looking wood kit you have in your car and that cheap looking double din pioneer head unit. Your dual exhaust is kind of looking a little over the top too.

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 12:13 AM

There's nothing wrong with the 08 Sedan. It's just a matter of preference. I own a 2007 accord coupe but most of my friends don't like it because it's simply a 2door. Of course it's obvious bc they won't be able to ride it as well as a Sedan. I picked the car for me to drive only. Not to haul around people. and I don't have a family of my own yet.

and...
7th Gen > 8th Gen IMO

Don't get me wrong though. The new accord is nice. But I have no reason to become fond of it bc the 7th gen already has me. The 8th gen will be going to my brother.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:32 AM

I have seen some nice hooked up 7th gen coupes. I just dont like how they look stock. Once they are lowered and have a body kit/spoiler they look nice.Either way you cant go wrong. Its an Accord!!!

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:38 AM

Interior Review — 8.2 (Very Good)

Motor Trend thinks the new Accord's "interior quality is a step above the previous iteration's, and fit and finish are top notch," and our rankings show that it has one of the nicest interiors in the class. Reviews also note the 2008 Accord's interior is the roomiest in the model's history.

Joseph 01-10-2008 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: jblaust

Falkore I hope your not comparing the new accords center console to your"superior"cheap looking wood kit you have in your car and that cheap looking double din pioneer head unit. Your dual exhaust is kind of looking a little over the top too.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]Your gonna take that falkore?

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 02:01 PM

I am not crazy about the 03-05 coupes. Theyre kinda ugly imo unless they have the hfp kit. The 06-07 coupes r the best looking. They look good with or without the kit

falkore24 01-10-2008 03:05 PM

You can think what you want about my car although your personal remarks are not very nice. Next time you are driving at night and want to change the radio station, try not to run your new expensive car into a wall because you have to look at it for 10 minutes to find a preset. I like the overall look of the car, but the parts mentioned are disgusting and destroy any appeal that the car has for me. With that new steering wheel, did they add a pulse monitor? It looks like they stole those panels off of the eliptical machine that I use.

Also, you are the first person that has mentioned that you don't like my wood kit. My exhaust is "over the top"? It's the same design that a huge portion of this forum is using, so you are telling everyone that has an SP2 or a WS2 exhaust that it doesn't look good. I may be wrong, but I think your opinions of "taste" are in the minority here.

To reiterate, if they wanted to build a car with every exterior styling cue from Acura's, why is this car not an Acura? Oh, and congradulations on making an extra 28 HP with an extra half liter ...... big deal, so the HP per Liter is less than the previous model. Now that's forward thinking!

EDIT: Just took a look at some more pics ...... is that cheap formica looking aluminum what you love about this interior? If it weren't for the aluminum, the interior is just boreing, with it it's a joke!

http://www.diablomotor.com/wp-conten...-interior1.jpg

If this is what you like, great, enjoy. IMO, the designer should be shot for endangering the lives of everyone on the road around this POS.

jblaust 01-10-2008 03:34 PM

Somebody would have to be retarded to take 10 mins to find a preset in the new accord. For 1 thepresets are all in the thumb control on the steering wheel and arent hard to find on the radio. I think you are just quick to hate because you are one of many people who get set in there ways and dont like change. Have you ever evendriven the new accord or even really sat in one with the ignition on where you could make these assumptions?You probably said the same thing about the 7th gen when it came out too.You dont have to hate on the new model just cause you have the old one and think its better. Yes the wood looks cheap. Its a feeble attempt to try and make the accord look more luxury. Kind of like how you think my cars center console looks like @$$ and puke mixed together???? The big dual exhaust on the accord looks ricey and by the way its an automatic accord not a race car. No matter what you do to it to get your extra hp you still have a crappy honda automatic tansmission. The Automatic tranny in any honda is meant to take kids to school and soccer practice. If you want performance you have to go witha manual tranny and upgrade the clutch kit.

jblaust 01-10-2008 03:37 PM

I think you are just looking for reasons to say your car is better than the newest model for one reason or another. Cant you come up with a better reason than the stereo pre-set buttons?

jblaust 01-10-2008 03:41 PM

Im the first person to mention it because no body has the balls to tell you what they really think. I dont think it matters what i say to you because based on some of your other posts Ive read you already have everything figured out. Your one of those know it all people that nobody can tell you anything tobecause you think you already know everything.

falkore24 01-10-2008 03:50 PM

Somebody would have to be retarded to take 10 mins to find a preset in the new accord. For 1 thepresets are all in the thumb control on the steering wheel and arent hard to find on the radio. I think you are just quick to hate because you are one of many people who get set in there ways and dont like change. Have you ever evendriven the new accord or even really sat in one with the ignition on where you could make these assumptions?You probably said the same thing about the 7th gen when it came out too.You dont have to hate on the new model just cause you have the old one and think its better. Yes the wood looks cheap. Its a feeble attempt to try and make the accord look more luxury. Kind of like how you think my cars center console looks like @$$ and puke mixed together???? The big dual exhaust on the accord looks ricey and by the way its an automatic accord not a race car. No matter what you do to it to get your extra hp you still have a crappy honda automatic tansmission. The Automatic tranny in any honda is meant to take kids to school and soccer practice. If you want performance you have to go witha manual tranny and upgrade the clutch kit.
Ok, let's look at the picture ..... the steering wheel is too cluttered also now that you mention it. Hmm ..... hate because I'm set in my ways and don't like change ..... that assumes that you know, well ..... anything about me and this is simply not true. Have I ever driven one, no; I don't like it so why would I waste my time taking one for a test drive. I have played with it's toys and I think that the controls suck. Think what you want about my wood kit, but it is not an attempt to do anything but look the way that it does. The big dual exhaust bothers you? Well it wasn't my decision to make the car have 2 mufflers, but IMO it looks better than 1. Also, the mufflers have a 105mm tip which is smaller than many others, IMO it's a good fit. I've never claimed that the tranny in a 6th gen V6 is anything but a POS, so try bashing something else. Also, I've said a few times that Accords are not fast cars ..... even the new ones. IMO if you are not doing better than 14 seconds on a quarter, you are not in a fast car. Granted that the new V6 is getting close, but then again so is everything else. We were talking about the appearance though right?

falkore24 01-10-2008 03:51 PM

Im the first person to mention it because no body has the balls to tell you what they really think. I dont think it matters what i say to you because based on some of your other posts Ive read you already have everything figured out. Your one of those know it all people that nobody can tell you anything tobecause you think you already know everything.
Still assuming that you know me ..... go on.

And for the record, I think that Smag's White 2007 V6 manual was the best Accord made so far in the appearance category. The radio is just a PITA to upgrade.

falkore24 01-10-2008 03:58 PM

I just realized ..... now you are assuming what EVERYONE thinks. Are you psychic?

Hey look!!!! I found something that we agree on!!!! My radio was cheap!!!! It came with the car ..... and for the record has gotten many compliments as well, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles.
So EVERYONE else's opinion is wrong.

Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones.
Like mufflers??? You don't like performance exhausts, remember?

People's Tune will change.
So you acknowlege that people don't like it.

I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it.
So you can have opinions, but I can't?

I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it.
Doesn't this contradict the statement above that eventually people will like it?

As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER!
So no clutch kit now?

I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it.
I've seen the car and I think the parts that I mentioned look like crap.

You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.
As we all know, cameras lie, so we should all just take your word for it. I don't think so.

Also, your prized "clutch kit" may make the clutch feel a bit tighter, but it doesn't do a whole lot for performance. If you want to make the car faster, you might want to focus a little more on the flywheel rather than the clutch.

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 04:19 PM

I second on falklores car. I used to own a 1999 ex-l v-6 sedan and it was a great car to own. The reason u say its ugly, cheesy or whatever is bc its style is outdated. Regardless I still think its a nice looking car. The only reason I no longer have one is bc hurricane katrina destroyed it. I now own a silver 07 accord coupe and I'll tell u now the 7th and probaly 6th gen accords r more than likely faster than their counter parts. The sad thing is the 8th gens r no faster if not slower. I read that the 08 v6 only gets 205 off the dyno which is only 10 more than the 07 v6 gets. No word on the 6 mt yet but the 0-60 time is slower than the 07 mt. No offense though. The 08 looks good but theyre not as fast as good as they look. I think they look too sporty for their speed. Again don't get me wrong. I like the new 08 but its not my style. I'm gonna be ready to leave my bro in the dust when he gets his 08 coupe :p

klrspz 01-10-2008 04:31 PM

Yeah the exhaust is really similar to the majority of the aftermarket exhausts we all use.. such as my Greddy SP2....

If you don't like it, then there's something broken in your brain as they're the best performing cat-backs for our cars, regardless of generation. They're not too big, but not dinky looking like stock exhausts... I'm not a fan of the dual tips, but don't mind the dual muffler. I still prefer a single though...

I like the 8th gen exterior, but the interior as stated is too mashed up. Too many buttons!! If anything, the nav screen could also be a touchscreen menu system so that you have a simplified and very navigable menu system. Being 2008, we'd expect to see a dramatic improvement in UI, and being a geek I expect to see more and more electronics assisting with the menial tasks...

The whole nav button section at the bottom of the center console could be removed, and made as part of the nav screen.....

Also, this is just me.. i've always hated cars with those little VFD sections that do nothing more than state the time and possibly temperature.. especially when they're a large as they are on that pic posted.. it just looks tacky...

Just curious about your statement earlier, you mentioned "Once they are lowered and have a body kit/spoiler they look nice."... Then later you mention the exhaust looks ricey... How is a body kit and spoiler NOT ricey? At least the exhaust gives some performance gain...

And the wood trim, yeah does look a bit dark in the pictures; but that's how it goes in pictures... I can imagine it'd look much better in person.. And because of that, I also do think that it does increase the "luxury" look for the car... But isn't that why we do mods to our cars? To make them cooler, the way we want them? You can't hate because of that, especially just because you think it looks like crap... It's not a functional piece, it's visual, and personally I am jealous of it!

I don't think the personal attacks are going to really help you win any arguments... All he (and myself) are saying is that the dash is crowded... if there were an alternate dash you could get, I'd love the 8th gen in an instant (already kinda do regardless)..

to each his own

klrspz 01-10-2008 04:33 PM

AxCxCxOxRxD, yeah the HP is +10, but isn't the curb weight somewhere around +70? I think i read that somewhere...

With a full tank of gas, I'm sure you'd feel the sluggishness set right back in.

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 04:40 PM

my point was that the new gens don't make that much more power and with that extra fat definitely won't be faster. I have a greddy sp2 and I'll tell u now its not ricy at all. My car doesn't even cook rice. It makes a deep sound at high rpms and is quiet at low rpms. It all depends. I see too many ppl nowadays destroy the look of 6th gens with oversized body kits, spoilers and big mufflers. Not to offend anyone. I'm jus not a fan of that style. I'd rather have a sleeper than a souped up car that is no faster than it was stock.

falkore24 01-10-2008 04:48 PM

jblaust: How old are you? Your failure in consistancy and use of logic leads me to believe that you are a teenager or early 20's and your parents bought you this car for graduation or something.

klrspz 01-10-2008 05:04 PM

no worries axcxcxoxrxd.. preachin to the choir! i have an sp2 as well, and i love it!

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:00 PM

Falkore bottom line is your car is ugly! Im not trying to make my car fast like you are. What kind of looser puts a Apexi and a big ugly dual exhaust in an automatic accord. All you can do is make that car look good (which you have failed to do) Is that an 8 track head unit in your car? LOL. All im gonna do to mine is lower it and maybe put different 20 inch rims. Then Im done and happy. Your POS would get left in the dust by the new accord v6 sedan or coupe take your pick. Im not an accord hater I have owned 4 different yearsin my time. I just wouldnt waste my time trying to make one fast or bragging about it. You would need an engine swap to make that happen.I prefer my accord slow and low.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:01 PM

FAIL!!!

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

jblaust: How old are you? Your failure in consistancy and use of logic leads me to believe that you are a teenager or early 20's and your parents bought you this car for graduation or something.

FAIL! I make my own car payment on this and my wifes car. I also have a Turbo Toyota project. I just get annoyed when I see people like you running your mouth with too many opinion's and you have a POS yourself.No offense to anyone else on this site. I have seen plenty of nice cars here. His just isnt one of them. If he didnt have anything nice to say then he shouldn't have said anything. Thats usually the way I would do it but I couldnt bite my tounge this time. He seems like the main cheerleader here.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:14 PM

Your right! But he was bashing so Im bashing back. The new accord 6 speed is 268HP stock. Why do I really need more than that? If I can throw a couple of bolt on's on the motor once parts are available and get it to 300hp I would be more than extremly happy with that. At least Im not automatic and can enjoy the power a little more. His car isPARKED right now anyways what does he know! All that money on HP parts and his tranny broke! LOL! I bet that blue radiator hose you got under the hood adds an extra 10 hp doesnt it! LOL

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 07:27 PM

jblaust I think ur taking it too far. Falklore was stating his opinion on the 08 accord overall. He didnt point out any names. U act as if he called u out. Jus chill. Falklore is a really cool person.

And about ur bolt ons. It will not really give u 300. U see, u don't get 268 horses to the wheel. U probaly get about 245-255. U get 268 at the crank. The bolt ons will jus increase more power to the wheels I believe.

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 07:29 PM

also falklore is the one who usually helps ppl and newbs in this forum. U should show some respect. Again he was not even bashing u. Jus the 08 and the designer. Jus bc he said ur car is ugly doesn't mean it is. He's not everyone but one person.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I just realized ..... now you are assuming what EVERYONE thinks. Are you psychic?

Hey look!!!! I found something that we agree on!!!! My radio was cheap!!!! It came with the car ..... and for the record has gotten many compliments as well, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles.
So EVERYONE else's opinion is wrong.

Ok maybe I was over stating my opinion. I was just annoyed with older gen accord owners bashing. You mainly only hear the bashing from older Honda owners who cant get used to the new look and you usually only hear it here online. In the real world people pull me over on the street to compliment the car some people dont even know its an accord.

Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones.
Like mufflers??? You don't like performance exhausts, remember?

I was talking aboutcoil overs / suspension. The8th gen'sbiggest downfall is that huge gap in the wheel wells. I would def free up some of that restriction in the exhaust (eliminate the cat completly and the resonators)I just wouldnt put 2 huge chrome cans at the back of the car.

People's Tune will change.

again talking about older gen accord owners who are bashing like you. Not people in general.
So you acknowlege that people don't like it.

I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it.
So you can have opinions, but I can't?

I dont like the 7th gen stock, However I do like it modded with body kit, rims,and lowered.

I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it.
Doesn't this contradict the statement above that eventually people will like it?

No....It means internet haters like you who probably have barely seen one in person. Let alone...one that is hooked up. As matter of fact a local forum Im on I got similar feedback about my original pics of the car. When I went to the local get together / BBQ and they saw it in person the car was the center of attention when i pulled up.

As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER!
So no clutch kit now?

No clutch kit for me. Im not trying to be speed racer.

I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it.
I've seen the car and I think the parts that I mentioned look like crap.

Ive seen your cars photos and DITTO. You should be one to talk. LOL.

You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.
As we all know, cameras lie, so we should all just take your word for it. I don't think so.

OK...well I dont like my own photos. Or any other photos of the car for that matter. I personally think it looks better in person. It looks best in Silver, White, or black. Red is ugly and that seems to be what Honda is advertising. See above statement....

Also, your prized "clutch kit" may make the clutch feel a bit tighter, but it doesn't do a whole lot for performance. If you want to make the car faster, you might want to focus a little more on the flywheel rather than the clutch.

If i was going to change the clutch a lightened flywheel and ARP Flywheel bolts would be part of the package. This will stay an everyday driver though so that is not in the plan for my car.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

jblaust I think ur taking it too far. Falklore was stating his opinion on the 08 accord overall. He didnt point out any names. U act as if he called u out. Jus chill. Falklore is a really cool person.

And about ur bolt ons. It will not really give u 300. U see, u don't get 268 horses to the wheel. U probaly get about 245-255. U get 268 at the crank. The bolt ons will jus increase more power to the wheels I believe.
Your right...I believe the dyno results I saw online for the 6 speed coupe was 268 at the crank and 245 at the hubs. The automatic v6 was alot less though than stated by Honda though. Your right I probably did take it too far. I will back off now. Sorry Falkore. Have a good one!

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 07:35 PM

245 is about right. The automatic v6 makes 205hp while the 2007 makes 195. Both being auto. Well let's jus end this and like u said if we don't have anything good to say, don't say anything unless it's constructive criticism.

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

I second on falklores car. I used to own a 1999 ex-l v-6 sedan and it was a great car to own. The reason u say its ugly, cheesy or whatever is bc its style is outdated. Regardless I still think its a nice looking car. The only reason I no longer have one is bc hurricane katrina destroyed it. I now own a silver 07 accord coupe and I'll tell u now the 7th and probaly 6th gen accords r more than likely faster than their counter parts. The sad thing is the 8th gens r no faster if not slower. I read that the 08 v6 only gets 205 off the dyno which is only 10 more than the 07 v6 gets. No word on the 6 mt yet but the 0-60 time is slower than the 07 mt. No offense though. The 08 looks good but theyre not as fast as good as they look. I think they look too sporty for their speed. Again don't get me wrong. I like the new 08 but its not my style. I'm gonna be ready to leave my bro in the dust when he gets his 08 coupe :p
You are quoting dyno results for an automatic not the 6 speed manual which made exactly what it claims to make. I have already spanked up on a couple of 7th gen v6's coupes. I also beat a stock mustang, a stock srt 4 from rolling 2nd gear start, and destroyed 2 turbo jettas. Thats pretty good for a stock accord!

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:38 PM

here is the link for the 8th gen 6speed independant dyno results. http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=719873

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:39 PM

how can you argue with those stock #'s?

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 07:46 PM

not bad. Have u broken in ur accord yet? U should make some 08 vids. For youtube since there isnt any except that concept one. Maybe a 0-60 video. Anyway they mentioned the tl-s a lot. U do know the 08 6mt accord engine=tl-s engine? Both r j35

jblaust 01-10-2008 07:55 PM

Yeah i know...Yes the car is broken in. I have 2500 miles on it now. Im supposed to run a stock evo that called me out on a local forum. Ive bumped into the guy a few times at meets he has a nice car. Somebody is gonna video it. Whenever it goes down I will post the video Win or lose. Not sure how that one will turn out.

AxCxCxOxRxD 01-10-2008 08:04 PM

an evo eh? Well v6 6mt vs i4 5mt. Race him on the interstate. u will be able to top him out. I'd like to see this

jblaust 01-10-2008 08:14 PM

Iwill let you know how it turns out. Maybe I can engage the warp drive on my spaceship center console that nobody seems to like here.