Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

BODY SHOP BUTCHERED MY CAR

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
gtboiii
Unregistered
Default BODY SHOP BUTCHERED MY CAR

I had a minor accident this winter with my blue 07 accord when I backed out of my grilfriends driveway and scraped a piece of ice that was sticking out. The ice scraped along the whole drivers side of the car and to get the depp scratch out it needed to be repainted. Also, when i picked up the car for delivery the guy who put gas in dinged my passenger side door which needs to be fixed as well now. So i took it to the dealership's body shop where i bought it at and they were going to give me a great deal to get it fixed. I also had developed a few scratches on the hood from a neighborhood cat (the accord now gets parked in the garage every night). Yesterday I went back to pick up my car and I was completely horrified. There is dust in the paint and the hood was buffed down way too far leaving the hood feeling very harsh. They tried to blend the fenders and the rockers in together and they seem to look a different color. They did not completely paint the fenders and whoever buffed the hood overbuffed and burned the fenders as well. They agreed to do the work for only $300 out of my pocket because the other door was already their fault. Obviously the work is not acceptable and they told me they would not do a poor job on it and they would treat it like any other car that came through and do a "quality job." Regardless they are going to want me to pick the car up tomorrow and pay the $300 I owe them. It is going to be way more than $300 just to fix their errors. Im really not sure what to do yet and was hoping for some suggestions. This is my new babywhich has1700 miles on it and looks like crap now. Please shoot me some suggestions.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Default RE: BODY SHOP BUTCHERED MY CAR

Man, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that. I'd say thatyou just point out the obvious. Tell them that they should be paying for the mistakes now and not you. And if they keep on telling you that they'll fix the mistakes but that you'll stillhave to pay for it, take them to court. I'm not kidding man, ifthat car had only a few scratches and dings when you brought it into them and they took what was already wrong with it and made it worse, then they should pay for their faults. You shouldn't be paying for scrathes or dents or any type of body damage to your car that was caused by THEIR mechanics, the people that you were paying to make your car look better in the first place. Tell them to fix the car for free or you'll take them to court. You got any pictures?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

did the Honda dealership recommend that body shop to you? if so I would complain to Honda that the body shop did a terrible job, as well as telling the body shop you are not paying for it because they made it worse than it was before.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
gtboiii
Unregistered

i dont have any pics because it has been raining her since its been sitting outside. The car is definitly not acceptable and you can even see the circular marks on the car where they buffed. Honda did tell me to go back to the dealership I bought the car from and they did a terrible job. I have really had a bad experience with my new HONDA from the very beginning.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Garages are the best invention...u add so many more years to your car...always get a quote that indicates everything they are going to do and for what price. They unfortunatelybody shopsare not a trust worthy bunch. It should indicate price too. once its on paper you have them over a barrel and they can not go back on their written word. In court they will loose and have a judgement against them. Def not something they are looking for...at all...trust me. Plus u will not have to get an ulcer to have them do a good job. With out an estimate is not the way to go with paint work...Never have anyone put their hands on your car unless uhave awritten estimate. I know this from expreience. If you check around and find that it will cost X dollars to fix something and you find someone that will do something for less u have to say to yourself that they are not going to do something that u want. If u are quality oriented pay the real price..if u are just get if fixed type then it does not matter.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:07 PM

Since you took it to the dealership where you bought the car, I would go down there and try to find a person high up in the management chain to speak to.I would firstaskto speak tothe sales manager. Tell him/her about your buying the car there and that you trusted the shop to do quality work. Then take him/her to see the car while they still have it there. The reason I say talk to the sales manager is this: he or sheshould be more customer-oriented than a body shop manager. If they want any return business from you they will do you right. Car dealerships thrive on return business. They know you won't ever buy a car there again and their reputation will turn bad when you show off their sorry work to all your friends. If they don't fix it right, I would try to talk to Honda. If that doesn't get you anywhere I would talk to an attorney as a last resort. The reason I say talk to an attorney as yourlast resortis that you will possiblybe out of pocket for the attorney's bill. Unless you want to represent yourself in small claims court and don't get an attorney at all. But I guarantee that Honda dealership will have an attorney if it goes to court. Trust me, you don't want to have to go to court.