Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

[DIY] License Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
cheeno
Unregistered
Default [DIY] License Bulbs

anyone have a [DIY] guide to switching the license bulbs out for an 05 accord coupe?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
GreekFreak
Unregistered
Default RE: [DIY] License Bulbs

Hey I am a rookie modifier here and I was searching this whole place for an explanation on how this is done... I found nothing so i literally just went outside and did it.

i have an 04 and im pretty sure it will be the same setup.

I first thought you have to take out the plastic covers above the license plate, but thats not really the case.

1. You'll need a flat-head screw driver or 2. (i used 2 to help me better)
2. Open your trunk and unscrew the plastic screws on the inner-lining of the trunk (you dont have to pull the lining off, but instead just get enough off to get expose the lights..you'll see the wiring harness.. ***it may take a little force to get the lining over the hinge that catches the trunk)
3. The LED harness is attatched to the plastic covers on the outer-part of the trunk. I found the best way to do this was to pop out the covers (they dont come out, but just give you enough room to pop out the two clips holding the LED to the plastic cover)
4. Once the hinges are clear of the plastic cover, you can get the LED part to come down so you can change the bulb...
5. reverse all the steps and enjoy your new lights.

I'm used a 194 bulb but i'd like something brighter. Let me know if theres any problems since its my first instructional post ever.