Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

changing color of interior/exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Talking changing color of interior/exterior?

I have a 93 honda accord and was wondering if it is possible to switch out my interior...currently it is maroon, which I think is absolutely ugly! I wanted to switch my interior from maroon to grey/tan....is this possible?

Also can I change my seats to leather seats?

Also my exterior is a purpleish/grey color, and if I could change my interior to grey/tan, then I would paint my exterior black and tint my windows.

thanks!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Yes you can change the color of your interior. Probably the easiest way would be to find an accord of your same year in the junkyard and take the interior out of that.

You can more or less put in any seats you want just have to make brackets to mount them. One of the most common seats to put in are RSX or S2000 seats.

Good paint jobs generally cost a lot of money, usually at least $2,000 and above. There are cheaper places or ways to do it yourself, but the quality is not the same. Its also important to keep in mind when you repaint the body places like the engine bay and interior are still going to be the original color.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

anything is possible. you have a few options that i consider realistic (for interior).

1. replace with parts from another car that are the colors you want. see if you can find a junk yard willing to swap for a fee.

2. pay an upholstery shop to redo your interior with new fabrics. They can do anything you want - maybe even customize new panels. this is the most expensive option but provides the best results.

3. remove the panels yourself and cover them with fabric, paint them, dye them, etc. you can paint anything that is plastic. you can cover panels with carpet, suede, etc. fairly easily. you can get seat covers (obviously), you can get new carpet easily. you can buy new headliner fabric fairly cheap.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Default interior customization

i have actually been looking into the same thing, well not so much the apulstry but i will eventually get to that. i started do my research on fiberglass and if your creative enough you can do some serious customizations for around 400 dollars. that is if you have the creative mind to do so. i found bulk resin and hardner for ~$40, fiberglass fabric 36"x150' for ~$50, and 2"x1'x3' for ~$8 per sheet. plus you will need glue in order to get the styrofoam to stick together. pins to hold the fabric on a few paint brushes and some sandpaper 150-400 gritt. paint of your choice and you will have your idea of a custom interior. not the carpet and the seats are a different story. as well as the audio or video. its all how you portray your car. but definatly worth the expence. and to be completly honest you could probally use only 1 roll of fabric and 1 batch of resin\hardner. i added in 2 per for mistake reasons (most of us havent done fiberglass work) so you could squeeze it to less than 200 if you have faith or experience. you should check it out to see where your creative side leads you... remember when you fiberglass, you can also change the shape, color deisgn, add hiding spots for those toys we like to play with such as nitrous tanks for those who still use their racer on the streets too) its something to definalty look into if your wanting total custom car. also as many of you already know fiberglass is also more durable and resiliant to damage than your normal plastic, and is less maluable and crease resistant than metal, its lightweight so its also a weight reduction. i just wouldnt put it on, as body parts. in that case you should use carbon fiber, which is more expensive for a different process is used.