Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Couple of questions from a newb

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Couple of questions from a newb

Ok so I'm just wondering, I have a 2004 Honda Accord and my bumper has cracks in it so I want to get a new one. I'm looking on ebay and all I see are bumper covers is that what I need? or should I look for something that just says bumper?
I'm looking at this one:
PRIMERED PLASTIC NEW Front Bumper Cover Facial Honda | eBay

Second question if it is what I'm looking for and I buy it how can i go about painting it and is putting it on easy or should i just leave it to an autobody professional?

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF. I moved your post to more applicable forum for better responses.

Yes, the cover is all you need. Suggest asking for opinions about these covers; quality, fit, etc.

I would leave painting to a pro or buy a pre-painted cover. See ebay also.

good luck

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks a lot bro

Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Go with an OEM if you can afford it, or atleast dont get the cheapest, i just got one shipped and painted for $260, but it doesn't fit very well and the fog light holes are different and look cheap. wish i had just paid the extra for a quality part

Old 06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

As stated a lot of the ebay ones don't fit right and are poor quality.

To get it done right you'd have to buy an OEM replacement from the dealer and bring it to a body shop to get it painted. Neither of which are cheap.

Another option is to paint it yourself using color match paint. But you can never really get the same gloss and finish from spray paint as you can professional paint.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Suggest also checking car-part.com for a used bumper to match your color. I found them for < $200, but not a lot of them.

good luck

Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the warning guys. I new the ebay stuff seemed too good to be true. I guess I'll just have to save up alittle more then.

Edit: But if the bumper I'm looking at doesnt fit properly like you guys said cant I just return it as long as its in the same box it came in?

Last edited by Fabb Capo; 06-27-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Fabb Capo
Thanks for the warning guys. I new the ebay stuff seemed too good to be true. I guess I'll just have to save up alittle more then.

Edit: But if the bumper I'm looking at doesnt fit properly like you guys said cant I just return it as long as its in the same box it came in?
Usually you can. However, almost every e-bay seller states that you are responsible for return shipping, and many have 10% 'restocking' fees. So you are looking at being out of a potentially large chunk of money for a trial and error part. If you're decent with body work, then the e-bay stuff isn't necessarily bad, because you can just adjust as needed.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Sorry for all the questions its probably annoying but what would be wiser? Buy the bumper I linked to in the first post and have a shop paint it or should I go with one that comes pre painted? its a lot more but is it worth it?

PAINTED FRONT BUMPER COVER HONDA ACCORD 2003-2005 SEDAN | eBay

Edit: I'm kind of leaning to just buying the regular non painted bumper.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Fabb Capo
Sorry for all the questions its probably annoying but what would be wiser? Buy the bumper I linked to in the first post and have a shop paint it or should I go with one that comes pre painted? its a lot more but is it worth it?

PAINTED FRONT BUMPER COVER HONDA ACCORD 2003-2005 SEDAN | eBay

Edit: I'm kind of leaning to just buying the regular non painted bumper.
I would lean that way as well. It's 76 with free shipping, whereas the painted one is 169 plus 60 something shipping. You can get the primered one painted for less than 150 I would think. Though I could be wrong. One option is your local Technical Institute. I have a friend whose brother is the teacher at the local TI, and they do all work for free minus parts of the cost. Now, the downside is having work done by students (some younger than 18 and some older), but all work is done under the supervision of the teacher. But it's usually a fraction of the cost, and it has to pass minimum standards. Just something for you to think about.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions from a newb