Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

D-badging

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Default D-badging

hey guys hows it goin, im new here and just got my 1998 Honda Accord Ex 2 door Coupe today. And im just doing some minor modifications to it at this point. I was just wondering has anyone D-badged there Accord, because i wanna take off the Honda emblem, as well as the V6 and Accord emblems. If anyone has done this my question to you is A) Whats the best way to remove them, and B) Are they held on by adhesive? or if u remove one will there be holes? Thanx!

Old 06-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Default RE: D-badging

I think the honda "H" has some screws. The rest is adhesive. I would get a hair dry and try to carfully pry up on it with something plastic. There's probably an easier way though...

I don't mean this in the wrong way, but why do people d-badge their cars. Like I said, I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just honestly wondering.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:08 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

98Accord220HP Welcome to HAF! If im not mistaken, Wal-Mart (and prob. other places) sells a product that removes decals as well as another one (same brand) that adherrs them. It might be worth a shot to check the removal one out and see if it works for badges as well. Sorry, I dont know the brand right off hand but it could be located in the sporting goods section of the store....let us know what you find out.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:52 AM

I heard floss is really good to get the emblem off. Just kinda 'saw' down behind the emblem. Use Goo Gone to get the adhesive off.

mbo- I'm thinking of doing it because I think it cleans the look of the car up.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:10 AM

For the glued on ones use monofilament fishing line. Have some goof off or similar on hand to remove the remaining adhesive.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

removing the accord, EX, V6 (if it is present) badges requires only a peice of string and a pressure washer

The trunk one has two push nuts and once you remove it, you will have 2 holes where the push nuts were. You can fill and paint but see below*

The front badge is held in place by 2 screws you have to remove the insert and get it from there (what I did was remove the top clips and gently pull forward and unscrewed it when I replaced it with a brand new shiney gold "H"

Also, if you decide to just replace your badges you can use the following since the 2dr kit is not available anymore

4dr kit
V6 and trim level from a 7th gen (that is what I did)

*I would not advise it though since after 8 years the paint has most definaetly faded and you will be able to see where they were. Also the "H" will still be on the front since it is molded into the plastic clip

Here are the instructions

http://handaaccessories.com/accord/accordemblem.pdf

Old 06-25-2006, 12:37 PM

hey guys thanx for all the advise.....ummm to the guy who said since the paint is 8 years old it will be faded or what not, my car is white so im hoping that nothing major will show....alright well my plan today is to go out and get some things for my car to do this so ill let u know the results if i can get the job done.....its suppose to rain here all day which is pretty annoying.