Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

EDM/JDM Blackhouse help CD5

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Default EDM/JDM Blackhouse help CD5

Hey everyone, I'm posting this on every forum I'm on so I can hopefully get some input. My car was recently f'd over in the front end by an old lady so I got some new parts. Anyways, I picked up some EDM headlights from Velo, these take an H1 bulb for the high beam and an h4/9003 for the low beam. This is all fine and dandy, I ordered up the jumper harness from password:jdm and those should be here soon.

The problem that I'm running into is that because they're not us spec, they are like a lot of cars with a single bulb setup. That's to say, they have a rubber doughnut that fits on the back where the socket is to keep moisture out. (supposed to have anyways) This is as opposed to the rubber seal being on the bulb itself.

Basically what I'm asking is if there's anyone out there with EDM, or JDM, blackhoused lights that have these rubber pieces and if so, where did they get them...I'm assuming someone out there got them without the rubber seals....

I tried searching on the internet and I found places that sell them, but after looking at my mother in laws Toyota Echo, I realize they're not all the same size (the doughnut that is) I'm going to check the wife's MPV and see if they're a more appropriate fit too.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Now to answer any questions in advance, these headlights have a fluted lens instead of clear, they're also independently adjustable both horizontal and vertical for both high and low beam. Yes they're blackhoused I'll take some pics and post them soon.