Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

First Post, New Accord Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Default First Post, New Accord Owner

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and I just bought a 1997 Honda Accord Ex 4 Dr.

I am only 17 and this is my first car. I am looking to fix up the appearance of it. It's green right now and I think that many know that this years make the paint on top of the car is rusty, So since i am going to get a paint job anyway I might as well paint it a whole different color. Green is not really my favorite color.

My question is that, Is it true that you have to pay extra to paint your car other than the Stock Colors?

And kind of color would look good with a 97' Accord?

And two other questions about appearance I want to ask is

- Is it possible to remove tint?
The tint on my car is starting to come off in the corner and I want to get a new tint job for it also.

-What kind of rim should I get?
I currently have the stock Honda ones. This question conincide with what color you suggest me.

Thats all the question I have for fixing up the appearance for my car. Thanks for reading, hopefully you can help me out.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: First Post, New Accord Owner

First, welcome to the forum!

I am 18, and would love to get a new paint job, tint, and rims! So yeah!
If it were me, I would get the copper/burnt metallic orange with gloss black rims w/ a polished lip!
But yeah, I think custom colors cost more to get. And if you plan on getting a body kit, get it before you get it painted so they dont have to do as much custom matching.

If I were you, I would go to cardomain.com and search for 94-97 Accords and maybe you will find a style that you like.

Let us know how much that piant job costs as others may be curious.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

First, welcome to the forum!

I am 18, and would love to get a new paint job, tint, and rims! So yeah!
If it were me, I would get the copper/burnt metallic orange with gloss black rims w/ a polished lip!
But yeah, I think custom colors cost more to get. And if you plan on getting a body kit, get it before you get it painted so they dont have to do as much custom matching.

If I were you, I would go to cardomain.com and search for 94-97 Accords and maybe you will find a style that you like.

Let us know how much that piant job costs as others may be curious.
Hey thanks for your reply man. I just started working couple of weeks ago. I should have enough money for the paint job by christmas/winter break.

Also, does anybody know how to remove tint. Or will the Tint shop remove it, and does it cost extra?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hey styl3zt!!! Welcome to HAF!!!! First you need to put your year/trim/doors/tranny in your signature. That way, we can see what kind of Accord we are talking about without looking back to your frst post For colors and rims, everyone has their own ideas and likes, so you probably won't get too many opinions unless you say what you are thinking of doing. Custom colors will cost more since it has to be created as opposed to mixing colors from a chart and knowing how it will dry. Remember that when you change the color of a car, it may become harder to sell since people assume a major accident, but given the age, this might not matter. For the tint, I'd suggest that you remove the sides yourself to save a little money, but pay a shop to remove the rear. You do not want to be responsible for pealing off your defroster! The side tint will peel off fairly easily (try to get it off in 1 piece or the edges can get difficult). Use rubbing alcohol to remove the adhesive that is left behind (nothing else works).

Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 AM

This may help: http://www.ehow.com/Search.aspx?s=re...nt&Options=

Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 AM

That's pretty cool 00Accord! I didn't think of "steaming it off" ...... I'd still have a shop do the rear so that they are liable for the defroster working.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 PM

i think alot of tint shops warn you before they do the rear window so they cant be liable.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

I'd look for a shop that doesn't then ...... if they won't take responsibility, I'd follow 00Accord's link's directions. Be careful though!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Thank you for everybodys reply. It has been very helpful. I just posted my car info in my signature. I will try to get a picture later on the day of my car. It has a lot of work to be done. I will be making a new topic about air filters, and how to increase performance over at the engine thread place.