Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

headlights need upgrading!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Default RE: headlights need upgrading!

thanks for the great links...now I'm just torn between the HIR or the DDM HID's...

Old 12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

You will want to stick with the 35w kits, 55w is extremely bright and puts more stress on the system.

I personally have 3 sets of the DDM HIDs and couldnt be happier.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

HIR is going to need modification to fit where your existing bulbs are. Trimming bulb bases isn't too difficult, I've done it before to fit high beam bulbs in my low beams.

If you go with any HIDs, I (we) strongly recommend spending the $20 on the relay harness, as this will save your electrical system in the long run.

I also have a set of DDM 6000K HIDs in the stock housings and couldnt be happier as well.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:53 AM

Thanks boys, I think you have sold me on the DDM 6000k kit with the 35w kit and relay harness. Is the website I posted previously where I should be ordering these? I can't seem to find the relay harness on that website...should I be looking somewhere else?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, thats their site. They are pretty quick about shipping, although their shipping rates are a little high[:@]

Old 12-12-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

Yeah, thats their site. They are pretty quick about shipping, although their shipping rates are a little high[:@]
Thanks man, I don't see the relay harness anywhere though, should I call them for this?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

its on there, they just dont call it a relay harness, its the "HID Accessory Harness"

Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: finch13

If you go with any HIDs, I (we) strongly recommend spending the $20 on the relay harness, as this will save your electrical system in the long run.
While I agree a relay harness is better, the only thing it is protecting is the OEM relay for the headlight circuit. That and the wiring is the only thing that sees current to the headlights. I use a relay to keep my circuit external, so if anything was to go wrong I can diagnose it very simply. But protecting that circuit it is not. If the extra current form the ignition can even hurt the relay, it will damage an aftermarket relay as easily as an OEM relay if they are rated about the same. 35w HIDs draw 2.5 amps constantly and 5 amps at ignition for a fraction of a second. 55w HIDs draw 4.6 amps constantly and 9 amps for a fraction of a second at ignition. 5 or 10 amps held forever would not even hurt a relay. And relays are rated high as there entire purpose is to switch a current without putting that load on the actual switch, protecting the switch. So the relay kit is definitely better, the relay may even be rated higher and the system is external and not hidden the OEM harnesses. I'm going to look and find out the rating of the stock relay today. I'm sure it's over 10amps.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

its on there, they just dont call it a relay harness, its the "HID Accessory Harness"
got it, thanks. So the DDM 35 and 55 Watt Slim Ballast HID Kit and the HID Accessory Harness . Bulb 9006, color 6000k, and 35w. Did I miss anything?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

that should be everything you need.

Quick Reply: headlights need upgrading!