Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HELP - '93 Accord Aftermarket Headlight Unit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Fez
Default HELP - '93 Accord Aftermarket Headlight Unit Installation

Greetings!

I have a 1993 Honda Accord (girlfriend's car) and I'm thinking about getting a new headlight unit just to improve the overall look and because the ones we have on now are the originals and are getting a little ratty. I already did a search through the forum and online elsewhere and can't find anywhere that has instructions on how to replace the units. I need some help here! Check out that link and let me know what you think about that particular unit and also if you have a link to an instructional thread or site that would be awesome. I just want to make sure I'm doing it the right way and not gonna break anything. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Default RE: HELP - '93 Accord Aftermarket Headlight Unit Installation

Trial and Error my friend hahah, check to see where the bolts or screws come undone its not physically that hard

Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Fez

Thanks for the reply. I'm still considering it, but it's not the top of my priority list at the moment. I've got a '91 MR2 that needs turboing.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Fez

Sold the MR2, back to wanting to improve lighting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...mZ200084871386

How do those look? I want something that will give much better light output than the original headlights... I already got some knockoff HID bulbs to see if that made an improvement, and it really didn't, just changed the light color to a harder-to-see blue. I like the way the projectors look but my main goal is to improve night (especially rain) visibility. Would it be worth it to get the European Silverstars to see if that helps and just keep the OEM light assemblies?

Old 03-10-2007, 04:01 AM

Is the headlight lens yellowing? If it is just clean it off. I did my friends 93 accord and it turned out crystal clear.

Don't know if you can see it that well cuz the lighting, well yeah to clean it just get some tape, mag and aluminum polish, plastic polish and if you want to a buffer (like the mothers power ball polisher, but you dont have to, you can do this by hand but its gonna be a little longer).
so yeah u would first tape off the areas around the headlight itself, like the bumper, fender, and hood. Then you would get some mag and aluminum polish and then rub it real fast and around the whole headlight for a while until it starts to get clear, then after that wipe that off then put some plastic polish and then wipe that off also. Then after it should be all clear.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:03 AM

Try this site also, just scroll down till you see the headlights part.
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34067

Old 03-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Fez

Thank you for the help! I'll check this out... the lights aren't so much yellowed, the distribution pattern just isn't great. The lights are okay in the areas they shine but they aren't spread out at all. I'll give the polish a try to see if it helps though. Cool stuff.