Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Help with the name of a part (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Chucho_Xv3
Unregistered
Default Help with the name of a part (newbie)

Sup! I can't find this part or either I'm looking it right or I don't know the name. Please help me out!. I recently got a Accord 98 coupe and one thing that I don't like of the car is that they wanted to break into the car and well they bended a silver/metalic trim that goes around the the windows and its not attach to the door. The ******* who tried to break in bended that piece and looks pretty bad and all i need is to replace that left side trim. Now, heres my question: Whats that part called? I've searched it as : trim edge etc... and no sucuess and I've on hondapartsdeals.com for like 3 hours looking and searching and nothing. Its probly not a big deal for you but help a newbie out hehehe. Upclose really looks bad and it probly looks tempting to try to break in the car . Well, at least tell me where do I look like a quick link or something but I hope not in the Hoda dealers cuz I don't want to pay $100 for this item. Thanks for lookin'. Peace[8D]

===============================> http://profile.imeem.com/rzAwu5/phot...xJ/WZkcS0tCEW/ <=============Picture

Old 07-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Help with the name of a part (newbie)

Same thing happened to me and my 95. They tok a big chunk out of the black trim between the front and back doors. The black is attached to the door and you would need to replace the whole door as it did not appear removable. If you are talking about the chrome trim that goes around the side windows that should be removable and replaceable, but I don't think anyone sells it. Try a nearby junkyard.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

haha...i love the sad face on the photo.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah that part is kinda falling off on my car. It alwayz become loose. One day i pulled it to see what it was. And i wish i could get it replaced too.
I know Advanced and Auto Zone sell like a chrome looking rubber edging. But i think thts only to add tht to parts tht dont have it. And it doesnt have the same molding the car does. Its kinda like an add-on. You could check it out see if it works for you.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Chucho_Xv3
Unregistered

Hey, thanks for your replies. The piller i think they call it that goes in the middle of the two windows is mess up too but i see them on ebay and chrome ones too, but the chrome trim is detachable and can be replaceable but to find that part is going to suck. I hope my local junkyard will have that but I'll doubt that. The sad face was made by photoshop in less then 1 minute hehehe. I've seend the Advanced store and they do sell those but just wanted to know if I could get the OEM. I guess I'll go around the city and find a similar one and steal it from somebody since it looks all fragile.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM

98 coupes are pretty popular im pretty sure you can find some in the junk yard that you can just rip that part off of. im pretty sure the pillars off of ebay are pretty much a vinyl or plastic chrome thing that goes over the existing pillar