Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Conversion Kit - Before/After Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Default HID Conversion Kit - Before/After Pictures

edited
I got the HID's from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/04-9006-9007_W0QQitemZ200170542313QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 200170542313

Before:

Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID Conversion KIT

Welcome reeling!!! A few things, please put this line in your profile signature, then click the checkbox to display your sig whenever asking anything .... "99 LX 4 door AT" ...... or if anything there is wrong, correct it.

HID kits are for 2 bulbs, that is either low OR high beams. For both to be HID, you need 2 sets. Your low beams are 9006 bulbs if you have stock housings and 9005 for high beams. Look for digital or electronic ballasts in the kit ..... analogue or magnetic ballasts are the ones that burn out quickly.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks! I put my signature and I clicked always display it but it's not displaying on the above post. Hopefully it will on this one.

Do you think this would be a fine HID kit for me (i'm only getting low beams)? I only need them for about one year.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...em200170542313

The guy has a high number of positive reviews, and I skimmed through and I don't believe any mentioned the quality of the kit.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:38 AM

The kit looks about right ...... did you notice the last photo??? I think that is an accord!

There's nothing wrong with your sig. If you didn't post it before, than it won't show up there unless you edit the old post (not necessary). It's mainly so if the thread gets into multiple pages, that nobody has to really look for the basic info. ...... so we don't waste time looking for fixes on the wrong car.

The only thing that I'd suggest looking for is something that says that the bulbs turn on at a slightly different time. This would indicate electronic ballasts. If it's just for a year, I think what you found is fine. What color temp are you looking for?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 PM

I can't find anything about them turning on at a different time. I like the 8000k alot, but I'm probably going to get the 6000k because I know they provide better visibility and plus I don't want to get stopped or anything. What would you suggest?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 PM

I have 5000k in TYC projector housings. You can see in my photos that they put out mostly white light with a little blue on the top and bottom. From an angle, they look a little blue also. The best pic is the one with my lights shining on my brother's white CL. The scale that they put on your first link is a bit off. 8000k is going to be straight purple. 6000k will have a fairly strong bluish tint ...... I think that's what BMW uses.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM

Your HIDs look really good. I want a bit more bluish tint though, so i'll go with the 6000k. I think i'm just going to go with that kit off ebay. Where did you get yours?

Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the props! IDK where I got mine .... xenon-something ..... basically an online store. My main reason for those pics are so that people like you can see what the output of mine is for comparison. They actually look like the same basic color that my brother's stock HID's are, but mine make that blue line on top of the light band ...... maybe because they are in non-HID fixtures? IDK. I'm going to upload some new pics today. Good luck and please take some pics like I did to help others in color selection.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM

I decided to get the ones from ebay, and they are electronic ballasts, they say electronic on them. They came suprisingly quickly, they will probably be on monday, I need to seal the headlights to prevent any moisture/humidy going into them or else I heard they will blow. I took some pictures of the lights with the halogen bulbs, and will take some after the HID's come on so people can compare before/after.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM

I would love to know your experience with the eBay kit, as I'm looking to get one of those too. Thanks

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kit - Before/After Pictures