Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID conversion kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID conversion kits

When it comes to HID's The more money they are, usauly rates how good of a prduct your getting.The ol' "got your money's worth" trick.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

DDM Tuning sells great kits for $95 with a lifetime warranty. I put them in my housings a few months back.
-> PICS <-

How do these compare to the Kaixen HIDs? I've heard good things about them, and they are $300. Being a big price difference, what's so different other than being a traditional HID kit and the DDM ones?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 98EXV6

The 05's uses the H7 bulbs right or 9003 bulb? Means it's both low and high beam into one. Don't buy the cheap ones. I ended buying one for about $80. According to the web vendor, it would work for low beam HID and regular bulb highbeam, but after I installed them, the headlamps started pulsating or flashing, and my highbeam indicator in the dash was always on, which was annoying to say the least, the vendor said that I needed a relay which didn't fix the situation and I felt like that the vendor was doing the nickel and dime scam, so I returned the set and filed a dispute with my credit card company since I paid with paypal and paypal didn't want to help because the item wasn't purchased on ebay. Yes the vendor is also an ebay vendor.
You obviously got schooled on how HIDs and regular headlamps actually work. First, it's impossible to have HID low beam and halogen high beam in one bulb. Second, very few cars out there actually have bi-xenon (single bulb) HID headlamps and they're luxury cars, not Hondas. HIDs are simply replacement bulbs for your standard halogen bulbs, with a little extra stuff in between the bulb and the plug.

ORIGINAL: blinkz0rz

DDM Tuning sells great kits for $95 with a lifetime warranty. I put them in my housings a few months back.
-> PICS <-

How do these compare to the Kaixen HIDs? I've heard good things about them, and they are $300. Being a big price difference, what's so different other than being a traditional HID kit and the DDM ones?
DDM Tuning are the only HIDs I've ever bought, so I can't give an opinion on Kaixen ones. I don't buy things without doing research first and I've only gotten good reviews of the DDM ones. Installation can be a bit tricky if you opt for relays (good idea), but other than that, the light output in OEM Stanley 6th generation housing is great for not being intended for HID. They come with tiny, and I mean TINY, digital ballasts all the connectors and ever harnesses if you want to add the high/low beam functionality on their high/low beam bulbs. How can you not pass up a Lifetime Warranty on $100 HIDs? They came in a sleek black box with a velvety interior and good instructions. DDM Tuning mainly does BMW tuning and accessories, but this is their little side thing...

I'm done sounding like a rep for their company, lol. All in all, I'm very pleased with them and recommend them to everyone.

Just do your research when you're buying them.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: blinkz0rz

-> PICS <-

Kaixen is what I have and they are the poop! Over on everyone's favorite site ebay, they are running around $199 from a distrubutor. Pretty sweet deal!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 AM

The 05's uses theH7 bulbs right or 9003 bulb? Means it's both low and high beam into one. Don't buy the cheap ones. I ended buying one for about $80. According to the web vendor, it would work for low beam HID and regular bulb highbeam, but after I installed them, the headlamps started pulsating or flashing, and my highbeam indicator in the dash was always on, which was annoying to say the least, the vendor said that I needed a relay which didn't fix the situation and I felt like that the vendor was doing the nickel and dime scam, so I returned the set and filed a dispute with my credit card company since I paid with paypal and paypal didn't want to help because the item wasn't purchased on ebay. Yes the vendor is also an ebay vendor.
You obviously got schooled on how HIDs and regular headlamps actually work. First, it's impossible to have HID low beam and halogen high beam in one bulb. Second, very few cars out there actually have bi-xenon (single bulb) HID headlamps and they're luxury cars, not Hondas. HIDs are simply replacement bulbs for your standard halogen bulbs, with a little extra stuff in between the bulb and the plug.
Well, before you pass judgement -the thread starter was asking where to buy HID conversion kits for less than a $100. I am merely stating not to buy the HID kits from ebay. I askIF he's got the 9003 bulb which is a low and high beam regular bulb. I know that most run of the mill HID bulbs are not real Bi-xenon bulbs -Mr. Genius. You obviously got schooled on how to actually read the whole thread before posting. One other thing -since you know it all about HID bulbs - can you enlighten dumb ol me on that EXTRA STUFF that HID bulbs have against the regular bulbs since the term you use was very technical.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:02 AM

The 05's uses theH7 bulbs right or 9003 bulb? Means it's both low and high beam into one. Don't buy the cheap ones. I ended buying one for about $80. According to the web vendor, it would work for low beam HID and regular bulb highbeam, but after I installed them, the headlamps started pulsating or flashing, and my highbeam indicator in the dash was always on, which was annoying to say the least, the vendor said that I needed a relay which didn't fix the situation and I felt like that the vendor was doing the nickel and dime scam, so I returned the set and filed a dispute with my credit card company since I paid with paypal and paypal didn't want to help because the item wasn't purchased on ebay. Yes the vendor is also an ebay vendor.
Well, before you pass judgement -the thread starter was asking where to buy HID conversion kits for less than a $100. I am merely stating not to buy the HID kits from ebay. I askIF he's got the 9003 bulb which is a low and high beam regular bulb. I know that most run of the mill HID bulbs are not real Bi-xenon bulbs -Mr. Genius. You obviously got schooled on how to actually read the whole thread before posting. One other thing -since you know it all about HID bulbs - can you enlighten dumb ol me on that EXTRA STUFF that HID bulbs have against the regular bulbs since the term you use was very technical.

By schooled, finch meant that you got screwed by a salesman that fed you BS about the product, aka. learning the hard way or "you got schooled". Also, since you've installed an HID kit already, you should know that the "extra stuff" would be the conversion wiring harness which is attached to the ballast and the ballast itself. Additionally, there is the option to have a power relay that is kind of between the plug and the bulb, but at the same time a little off to the side since it goes to the battery and ground as well.

To all posters: Stop taking forum comments personally!!! These retarded bickering matches only make both parties appear petty, ignorant and childish.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 AM

The 05's uses the H7 bulbs right or 9003 bulb? Means it's both low and high beam into one. Don't buy the cheap ones. I ended buying one for about $80. According to the web vendor, it would work for low beam HID and regular bulb highbeam, but after I installed them, the headlamps started pulsating or flashing, and my highbeam indicator in the dash was always on, which was annoying to say the least, the vendor said that I needed a relay which didn't fix the situation and I felt like that the vendor was doing the nickel and dime scam, so I returned the set and filed a dispute with my credit card company since I paid with paypal and paypal didn't want to help because the item wasn't purchased on ebay. Yes the vendor is also an ebay vendor.
Well, before you pass judgement -the thread starter was asking where to buy HID conversion kits for less than a $100. I am merely stating not to buy the HID kits from ebay. I ask IF he's got the 9003 bulb which is a low and high beam regular bulb. I know that most run of the mill HID bulbs are not real Bi-xenon bulbs -Mr. Genius. You obviously got schooled on how to actually read the whole thread before posting. One other thing -since you know it all about HID bulbs - can you enlighten dumb ol me on that EXTRA STUFF that HID bulbs have against the regular bulbs since the term you use was very technical.
The only reason I called you out is because you are posting inaccurate information, do your research first.

1. The 7th generation Accord uses 9006 low beams and 9005 high beam bulbs, not 9003 combo bulbs. These are the same exact bulbs our 6th generation Accord uses. You bought hi/low combo HIDs for a car that clearly has separate bulbs for the two.

2005 HONDA Accord (4-door model)

Sylvania Website

Low beam headlamp
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

To the OP, when/if you get HID lights you need 9006 bulbs for low beams. It's not advised to used HID in high beams, but if you do, you need 9005. Preferably get a color temperature between 4300K and 8000K. Temperature does not equal brightness! The 4300K bulb is nearly the brightest/whitest.

Again, you asked for a kit under $100. DDM Tuning sells one for $95 before shipping with a FREE lifetime warranty. I have them on my car and I couldn't be more pleased with them.

And thanks Aaron, I was halfway through writing the post when your response buzzed my BlackBerry about bickering over the net. I just didn't want this guy to go out an get bulbs that don't work or ripped off by an eBay merchan and saying the people over at HAF are idiots, lol.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM

^^^ Good post!

Just to add a bit to the light output vs. color temp part. As noted, 4300K is the most efficient color at producing usable lumens of light. The further from 4300 that you get, the less light output you will get ..... given the same input power. That said, HID's come in 2 power setups; 35 Watts and 50 Watts. Most kits are 35 Watts. 50 Watt kits are brighter.

4000K - Light Yellow
4300K - Sunlight, yellow-white
6000K - Superwhite, slight bluish tint, especially around the edges of the projection from a bulb fixture (see my gallery)
8000K - Light blue light, similar to BMW OEM
10000K - Purple

Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

you mean 55W? DDM tuning offers them in 35 and 55 anyways.....and let me tell you 55w are bright

Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM

I haven't seen the 55 Watters ..... I've only seen 35 and 50. Makes sense though since that is the stock power draw.

Quick Reply: HID conversion kits