Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Default HID kit problem

Honda Accord
EX i-4 2007
Sedan

So i got my car in August of 2007, I bought my HID kit a month after that. I ordered it from mobilehid.com. It worked for quite a while and then it stopped?? so after configuring it for quite a while, I came into a conclusion that the ballasts blew out, I sent it back to mobilehid.com and after 3 days, I got my response. They said that the ballasts work fine and so did the bulbs. So they sent it back with 2 exta fuses and a new relay. How nice of them. Anyways, we installed the kit once again and it worked!!! .....for 2 hrs!!!! I was driving and it turned off by itself. So, I went to my friend's place and he fixed it just by installing the new relay that came along with the ballasts. He took out the old relay and found that there were blue dusts all over it, he said it maybe it was the acid from the connection and its interfering with the wires' connection. He replaced the Old relay with the new relay and it worked once again. Great! It worked for quite a while but sometimes when i hit a speed bump, it turns off by itself and it'll work again in like 5 minutes. Just today, it stopped working. Today, I jumped into my car, turned on the lights and turned on the engine and i didnt see my HID's flashed. So i turned off the engine and the lights and tried again but it still didnt work... What's wrong with it??? please help...its not the ballasts and not the bulbs or the relay...I doubt it if it was the harness. I have no idea what kinda bulb it is, i got it from mobilehid.com.

P.S : My bulbs are H11

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID kit problem

Check all connections and especially your ground points. Paint will interfere with the ground and if the connection point is painted, it should be sanded with a fine grit until the metal can make a good connection. All connections should be tight and protected from weather and accidental grounding. Finally, I believe that you meant H1 bulbs. As far as I know, there is no such thing as H11, but I may be mistaken.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 AM

does that site have hids for all types of hondas and how much do the run for

Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: 3 liter b16 eater

does that site have hids for all types of hondas and how much do the run for
Checking the website by yourself might have been faster than waiting for someone to reply to your question...lol