Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Lights, common / general problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Default HID Lights, common / general problem

Hi guys, i bought this HID kit from ebay from a Canadian seller for about 100$. Direct harness to the battery weren't included so i simply followed procedures and connected everything correctly, great !! I got a bright blue out of the projectors. Then i tried to comparing with my other friend's RSXwho also has HID kit with 8000k temp, his carseems to have a brighter light than me...he told me it was because my HID wasn't connected directly to the battery.Few days later,i went to buy a harness kit for direct battery plug in. I followed the procedures and results were that i got a dimmer bright and it even changed color !!! What happened?? I have a Accord 96 with projectors and HID kit with 8000k temp.I did NOT wrongly connect the HID kit to the HIGH BEAM.

Thank you in advance guys.

(I'm too poor for rims =P )

Above pictures were with HID harness connected

Above pictures were without HID harness connected

Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID Lights, common / general problem

a.) I hope you didn't put HIDs in your high beams, they're not going to last too long.

b.) If they were truly wired directly to the battery to would have a red (+) wire with inline fuse going to a relay that is connected to the stock low beam harness grounded to the chassis.

c.) The ballasts are probably analog and not digital so they most likely aren't respondind to minor changes in voltage like they should, changing the color and brightness. But, that's just my guess.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:55 AM

my guess would be...the fact you bought them off ebay.don't get me wrong,ebay is one of the coolest places for cheap mod's and i am not going to lie,they tend to work fine but dude look at the facts. if your friend's RSX came with those stock(which most 04 and up cars do),then you're comparing a 100 dollar HID kit to a possible 300 dollar one because those HID kits that the dealership sells are "suppose" to be top of the line[:'(]which is most likely complete BS. So i highly doubt thats what it is!but are you sure your friends is 8K,his might be a little brighter and you guys don't even know it yoursef.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

a