Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

How does one remove the door mouldings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Default How does one remove the door mouldings?

I got some new ones and need to remove a damaged one on the driver's side door without damaging the door or paint. I have a 4 door 97 honda accord. The one I received has the 3 clips already mounted, but it also has a small screw type thing where one of the clips would be. I wonder if I am supposed to have a nut to screw on it from inside the door. The one for the passenger door doesn't have that. It only has the plastic clips. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:36 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

1. Remove the screw inside the change holder/pocket where your arm rests.

2. Remove the screw behind the door handle. Then gently pull the door handle towards the front of the car or the back and pull gently until it SLIGHTLY pops out. Then using a small flathead undo the pink or tan plastic piece that is sitting over the gray rod that is attached to the door handle assembly.

3. Remove the black triangle piece right next to the side mirror.

4. Pop out the plastic screw, right below the triangle part. It should be the same color as the interior, tan or grey.

Stick your fingers between the panel and the door on either side and gently tug from the left side or right side downwards until you get to the other side and it is loose.

6. Tug the panel upwards

7. While holding the panel, unclp the courtesy light.

8. Reinstall in reverse order.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
1. Remove the screw inside the change holder/pocket where your arm rests.

2. Remove the screw behind the door handle. Then gently pull the door handle towards the front of the car or the back and pull gently until it SLIGHTLY pops out. Then using a small flathead undo the pink or tan plastic piece that is sitting over the gray rod that is attached to the door handle assembly.

3. Remove the black triangle piece right next to the side mirror.

4. Pop out the plastic screw, right below the triangle part. It should be the same color as the interior, tan or grey.

Stick your fingers between the panel and the door on either side and gently tug from the left side or right side downwards until you get to the other side and it is loose.

6. Tug the panel upwards

7. While holding the panel, unclp the courtesy light.

8. Reinstall in reverse order.
Is this instructions for the door panel inside, or to remove it a little so I can get at the screw to take off the door mouldings that are on the outside of the door? It's that black rubber strip on the outside I want to pull off because it is damaged. I think I can just pull it off, but just incase I can't.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:57 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sorry, I misread your post. This was for the inside.

I am almost positive you can GENTLY pull of the side molding.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 AM

be prepared for every clip to break.