Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HOW TO WIRE HALOS!!??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Default RE: HOW TO WIRE HALOS!!??? HELP

Yes they would blink with the side markers. If you don't want them to do that then you'll have to wire them to a different source.

Let's go about this a different way. What do you want them to do and when do you want them to be on? Answer that and I'll give you instructions on how to wire them

Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM

hahahhah okay .....iunno i want them to bu wenever the car turns on i guess or wen i put my DRL's on

Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM

im considering getting a pair, let me know how it turns out street_racer

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

find the power wire that goes to the side markers (the one that's not black usually) and carefully strip a small section of the insulation off without cutting the wire, then wrap the bare end of the halo lead wire around it and use some black electricians tape and tape them together. Make sure that you wrap the whole thing really well so it's water tight.
I'd also wrap a loop of low temp solder around the wire connection and melt that in so you know that it's a solid and tight connection that shouldn't come apart. Also, instead of electrical tape, I use shrink wrap. Just cut a small tube to cover the splice and put it on the wire first ..... but this way, you actually have to cut the side marker hot lead.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I just took off my projectors. To seal up the wires coming from the old ones, I just used a liquid electrical tape. Got it for like $4 @ Advance Auto. Cool stuff. Just make sure you let it dry before putting a electrical current through it.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I don't trust that stuff. I'd rather use hot glue, but shrink wrap is the best.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 PM

I got a question too while we're at it.
I'm thinking about getting halos. Are there turn signals in the light strip already? If not, how do I wire my halos as my turn signals?

Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Your turn signals are completely different then your headlights. If you remove your headlights, your signals will still be in the bumper cover.

To wire them up to the signals, all you would have to do is run the wires from the halos to the positive and negative wires of the signal bulbs.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I don't trust that stuff. I'd rather use hot glue, but shrink wrap is the best.
Shrink wrap is the best +1

But no matter what you are covering to prevent shortages you have to make sure there are no sharp points that will penetrate the tape and ruin the point of it.

As far as not trusting the liquid electrical tape, I trust it because the electrical tape on the rolls started out as a liquid too. All the stuff is doing is keeping it in liquid form in a well sealed can until it dries

Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Your turn signals are completely different then your headlights. If you remove your headlights, your signals will still be in the bumper cover.

To wire them up to the signals, all you would have to do is run the wires from the halos to the positive and negative wires of the signal bulbs.
thanks. but is there any way to have just the wires be my turn signals? as in, not having the turn signals in my bumper as my turn signals...just the halos?

Quick Reply: HOW TO WIRE HALOS!!??? HELP