Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I can't even believe old people sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Default RE: I can't even believe old people sometimes

OH MY GOSH!

I completely agree with the person that said that these cars get some sort of pleasure out of "defeating our purpose"!! That's worded perfectly! It must be pretty obvious to them that we have parked at an unusual distance for a reason. Some people park far away because they don't like backing out and risking hitting something. Some people have new cars that they are paying money for and just want to simply avoid all road/traffic confrontations that involve their car. Either way, other people should be able to see that we have chosen to park that way for a reason. It doesn't matter what reason. Do they not see how ridiculous it looks to see like 4 cars parked several spaces away when there are empty ones elsewhere? I sometimes wonder if they do it on purpose too. Like they just think it's funny. My workplace was ideal for a long time. I'd be the first one to occupy a vacant section of the lot and then eventually it became a routine for a subaru to park two spaces away from me on one side, and a Hyundai parked two spaces away on the other. It was a system we had going, and is still going right now, and it was lovely. Every now and then, somebody will come and mess up our system. I hate it because the other cars around me seem to be parking at a distance for the same reason as me. Their cars really aren't super nice, but they care enough about it to park it far away and leave appropriate space for my Honda. I will love those two car owners forever because they UNDERSTAND. Then there are the people who just don't get it at all.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:28 AM

Also--

Does anybody have a magnesium metallic (metallic lightish gray) car or know anybody that does? Do scratches appear pretty easily on that color? Like if there was a true scratch from an impact, would it show up? Some people say gray is a blending color, but if there was damage on it, that shows up right? I want to be able to know that I will be able to see it if there ever was something that hit my car. I never worried about people hitting me with my previous car, but now I second guess everything with the Honda. I didn't HEAR the lady hit me, and I haven't been able to see any damage... and there would have to be something that I could see or hear if she had hit me, right? Or if anybody hits me? thank you.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:00 PM

if she hit you or just scrubbed along there would be "paint swap" as well so you'd see paint on your car... I've found that if you run your hand along side the car where you think it may have been hit without looking at it you'll feel any inconsistencies.... if you ever wonder if a used car was in a wreck prior to buying it wash the car by hand and you'll know...