General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Can't believe there are so many problems with my 04 Accord

Old 10-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Default Can't believe there are so many problems with my 04 Accord

Hi my name is Sean. i have a 2004 Honda Accord EXL Sedan with 4 cylinder..
The car was purchased new at July, 2004

1. Surprisingly, i have a water leakage under the rear seat. If u detach the rear seat cushion, you'll be able to see a circular and black rubberlike ring, where a wire goes throught it... (on the right side) i noticed there was a gap in it. So i gave the car to the dealer for a whole day to get it fixed up under warranty....now, it's leaking again.

2. My accord's ceiling is falling apart, especially the area near the sunroof and the rear windshield. i went to the dealers to fix it, but they would just end up putting handprints all over the car, giving a temporary fix .... wtf.

3. I also hear an annoying noise coming from the driver's door. whenever i drive it, i hear it. it's really irritating. a sort of vibrating sound. when i punch the driver's door lightly(while open), i can hear the noise near the courtesy light.

4. The grabbing sound from the brakes has been fixed. i had to pay $700, for new rotors and pads. Honda must have installed the stock brake wrong... wow..!

5. All the four doors make a clicking sound whenever it's fully opened and whenever it goes pass the middle of the track(2nd stage of opening..). i used WD-40 on the black track and it somewhat decreased the sound.

There are lots of other problems...

please help and thanks in advance.

by the way, the car is not modded,, except for the blue headlights :P

Old 10-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Can't believe there are so many problems with my 04 Accord

1. replace the grommet under the seat to fix that leak

2. Either the clips are broke or mounts are> either way make them fix it

3. My 98 did that, I just lived with it. My guess is that it is the lock linkage

4. What is the milage? I have heard that the brakes are weak on the 7th gen cars (because they are fatter than the previous models and the brakes are not that much larger)

5. I would not be too concerned about that one. All of my Hondas and current Acura CL type S does that