Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...

Old 05-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Default Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...

Yeah so I've never been pulled over for this before, then today it happened. Luckily the cop let me off with a warning for both. I guess I'll put my front plate on although it looks like crap. Missouri's plates are ugly as hell. But my window tint is 15% and he told me to go get 35%. Screw that! That's a hassle. See here's my plan... I noticed that when they stick that little light reader thing on your window, it only reads like the top 2 inches of tint on the window, so why not have a strip of 35% at the top of both windows??? Do you think they would notice that?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...

i just got pulled for the not having the plate on the front. i had it in the front window. he let me go with a warning too. as for the tint thing. ive never had them use the meeter, everytime they just told me it was too dark. in theory it sounds like it would work. but you dont want to **** of the cop by trying to trick him. meet him half way and go 20%

Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Fenix

i just got pulled for the not having the plate on the front. i had it in the front window. he let me go with a warning too. as for the tint thing. ive never had them use the meeter, everytime they just told me it was too dark. in theory it sounds like it would work. but you dont want to **** of the cop by trying to trick him. meet him half way and go 20%
haha thats funny!.. im actually debating on if i should get tints on my front side windows... in illinois the laws r that u can have w/e tints on the back 3 but none on the front and the front sides.. i was planning on getting 20% all the way around excepts the front window... any suggestions?? mayb 20% in the back and then 30% on the front sides?? how woudl taht look? i have a 03 coupe..

Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 AM

35% on the front sides is legal in missouri. Go with 5 % on the back windows. I wish could have gone 5% all the way around.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 AM

you're lucky... Cali won't allow any tint in the front windows and the violation is no longer a fx-it ticket... i only have 5% on the rear windows right now... buti wish i can get some 35%'s on the front side windows...

Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yeah, some of Illinois laws suck! Ive noticed that people put 5% tint on the back and backk sides, then they put a really really light layer of tint on the front sides and it makes it look as if there isnt tint.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 PM

i just got back from bringing my car to the shop and i chose to go 20 all the way around... we'll see how it comes out!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: 1stAccord_2ndHonda

you're lucky... Cali won't allow any tint in the front windows and the violation is no longer a fx-it ticket... i only have 5% on the rear windows right now... buti wish i can get some 35%'s on the front side windows...
bro i feel you, Delaware is the same way. actually 90% of light has to get thru, but whats the point?! you wouldnt see that...but it might be better than straight UV light.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:54 AM

hmm i hope that no front plate thing is leagl in VA casue i got mine in the front winshield due to the fact that i dont have any anchors for it on the front

Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Stupid Mid-Atlantic rules.

MD has the same rules...no tint allowed in the front windows and windshield.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...