Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Default RE: Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...

Hey..new to this, but i'll do my best. So if you were to put 35% on the top 2 inches of your window tint, to me they would move down the window. because to me i would notice the two different types of tint goin on. But i have 13% percent tint, but my interior is light so it kind of lookes like it' 25% percent so, but it's up to you.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM

^Well the meter that they sit on your window only goes down a couple inches or so. They can't put it any lower. So he might notice but how can he prove it?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:23 PM

Try going to a eye doctor and complain that the headlights from other cars strainyour eyes. You may be able to get a doctors note allowing you by law to have tints. It works in NY

Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 PM

i don't know how much you would like the look of seeing the line where the 35% meets the 20%. Consider yourselfs lucky though because in RI you can't have any tint on any windows! Also, the cop doesn't have to measure the tint. He can just tell you its to dark and write you a ticket or worse, order you to bring the car to the courts and they determine what happens. The laws suck because tint is good to protect your interior, keep out the sun, and give privacy.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 PM

I asked a few cops why no tint is allowed on the driver & passenger windows. They said that if the windows were too dark that they would no be able to see if one has a gun pointed at them as they approach a stopped vehicle- at least in NJ.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:39 PM

Wow....thats really bad...I am glad that I am living in TX~
Our cops here don't even care about any mods.....

Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 PM

Ive got pulled over twice for my tint... i have 18% all the way around... in delaware you can have any tint on the front 2 windows but or on the windshield... i went to my eye doctor and got a note for my tint and ive gotten pulled over once for it again and they asked me for the note i showed it to them and that was that...

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 01HondaChic

Ive got pulled over twice for my tint... i have 18% all the way around... in delaware you can have any tint on the front 2 windows but or on the windshield... i went to my eye doctor and got a note for my tint and ive gotten pulled over once for it again and they asked me for the note i showed it to them and that was that...
wen u went to the eye doctor did they acutally test your eyes?? and what were you diagnost (sp??) with?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:47 AM

I basically said that the headlights and the sun were so bright they were giving me a headache and that I had to squint my eyes even with sunglasses on and he said ok ill write u the slip

Old 06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

good one!!!! ill try that too. In Puerto rico the law isthe following, first, there's no front licence plate, and the max for tint is 35% all around. but sometimes they stop u even w/ 35% on. if ur car has dark interiors, then the tint looks darker. i haven't put any yet, but im thinking somo 40 to lower to 37% (with the 3% that comes w/ the car)... the police bothers A LOT with the mods....

Quick Reply: Just Got Pulled Over for My Window Tint and No Front Plate...