Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Ned HID Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:27 PM
bignaps
Unregistered
Default Ned HID Help

So I am new to this whole HID stuff and after reading through the posts on the forum I have a better idea of what is going on but still have a few questions. First off I am driving an 08 Accord Coupe. I want to put HIDs in but not sure exactly what I should be looking for or where to look for it. If I understand correctly I should not put HIDs in for my highs as it seems that HIDs are not meant to be frequently turned on and off and my normal use of them is to either flash them or for temporary dark street use (maybe 10-15 seconds of continuous use) so that is out of the question. As for my low beams, who offers a good quality/performance HID bulb and ballast for my car? I am not some high roller but money is not an issue. I am always willing to spend more money if I know it is getting me something of higher quality and performance. As for color this is where I get confused. I really don't like much color in my lights but I would likeaa little hint of blue in a predominantlycrisp and bright white light. Does anyone have any suggestions to kinda help me understand what I am looking for and who I should be looking at getting them from? Thanks.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Ned HID Help

A lot of people run DDM Tuning HIDs on here, including me. At, what is it now, $60?, you can get fully digital, tiny ballasts and bulbs with a lifetime warranty on the ballasts.

I have 6000K bulbs, and its got the bluish tint, but mainly white. Anything higher get bluer and then purple (annoying to me)

Lastly, the $20 relay harness is a good idea to prevent long term damage to the headlight switch and electrical system.

More images in my album: DDM Tuning HIDs

Below, is what the look like at night (color-wise)

Old 12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
bignaps
Unregistered

Thanks for the info finch13. I have another question though, other than for my headlights do these modifications void the warranty on any other part of the vehicle? And when you say the relay harness helps prevent long term damage what exactly is long term? You talking about seeing issues within a year or so or 5-6 years without the harness?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The relay harness does not protect anything than the stock relay(which doesn't need protection). I don't know how this misconception started but no one here seems to be listening to me when I mention it. The OEM relay is no different than an aftermarket relay. The whole purpose of a relay is to switch something without putting the load of whatever it is your running on the switch. Switches can be damaged by the higher current from the ignition, but not relays. Relays are usually rated for 25A, and the HIDs draw 9amps at the most during ignition. Far below what the relay can handle sustained. So is the relay adding something you don't already have? No? But do I recommend it? Yes. Headlights are crucial, and if for whatever reason your lights go out you need to be able to figure out quick roadside. Having the circuit external makes it simple to find a fault.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 AM

i have the 6000k too..but i did have the 8000k
to me theres not much difference they both light up the road just as good just one have a blue tint were the 6000 don't
but i belive there the way to go..there great on the road..