Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh okay I see, yes Jeremy absolutely loved that car. I know its a 3 cylinder engine, and its a small compartment, would you still be able to fit at least a ball bearing turbo in it? Alright thank you! Im not going to be tracking in my Accord, but I would love the lowered look and I just want to be able to goose it and still have confidence in turns sometimes. Also what is your opinion on Weapon R? I get very mixed reviews from a bunch of different people. Some say its good some say its crap

Old 04-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

3 cylinder? You have a lot to learn my friend.

Its a 2 rotor 1.3L engine. No cylinders at all. its just an "updated" version of the engine that came in the FD RX7s.

There is plenty of room to add a turbo as rotary engines are tiny in comparison to piston engines.

Weapon R is alright, I mean an intake is basically a tube with a filter on it, pretty hard to mess that up. If they made say coil overs would I buy theirs? Probably not. But for an intake its fine.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Indeed I believe I do. Oh okay I see, that makes a lot of sense. Would you know why say cars.com say RX8's have a 3 cylinder engine? I only ask because I plan on buying their secret weapon cold air intake and then transform it into a short air ram intake and my friend told me to buy some tubes from them and make a custom exhaust. He did it himself and he has an Acura TL i believe

Old 04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Probably just because cars.com and sites like that(and the dmv) dont have rotary as an option, so they have to pick something. My rx7 is registered as a 4cyl or 6cyl or something. Tried arguing with them but that went no where.

Yeah i mean at the end of the day piping is piping whether it says weapon r, aem, or K&N on it.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh okay I see. Thank you so much for the help! As you can tell Im pretty new to this modification stuff haha. I know a lot about cars but when it comes to modifying im not very good at yet.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bigcrush52
Oh okay I see. Thank you so much for the help! As you can tell Im pretty new to this modification stuff haha. I know a lot about cars but when it comes to modifying im not very good at yet.
Please understand that all that mucking around with the engine is more likely to reduce mid range performance than add anything to the top end up near redline. Long story short, what works on video games often has no positive affect (and often a very real negative affect) in the real world.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Newest Of Newbies

What Im going to do is basically upgrade looks, lower the car, and add a Weapon R cold air intake with new headers, new mufflers, and new cat (all with new mandrel bent piping too). I believe this wouldnt reduce mid range power but maybe increase the whole powerband. Im not sure if Im right so please correct me if I am wrong

Old 04-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bigcrush52
What Im going to do is basically upgrade looks, lower the car, and add a Weapon R cold air intake with new headers, new mufflers, and new cat (all with new mandrel bent piping too). I believe this wouldnt reduce mid range power but maybe increase the whole powerband. Im not sure if Im right so please correct me if I am wrong
As a general rule, those plumbing changes will reduce midrange torque.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by shipo
As a general rule, those plumbing changes will reduce midrange torque.
I have done more research into this and what you say is true. I also found though a Tri Y Header, apparently this header increases lower RPM power and improves midrange power, but cant find any for my vehicle. Also I would like your opinion on this
DC Sports® - Honda Accord 2003-2007 Header