Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Need new bumper......but have a spoiler question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Default Need new bumper......but have a spoiler question.

First off, my car got hit and run in a parking lot while I was at a ballgame in Houston this weekend. [:@][:@] This is now the 2nd time my car has been hit and run! [:@][:@] So, I need a new front bumper.

I was thinking while they will be painting the new bumper, it might be easier to get a spoiler now too. I have been wanting to put a factory style one on there for a little while. Has anyone done this? How tough is it to drill, etc? We put one on my brother's Legend, it was a pain to drill through where the holes needed to be. His was not a factory one, I want the factory no-led one. I want to know if Honda made anything easier to install the factory one....

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Default RE: Need new bumper......but have a spoiler question.

I've never installed a factory one myself but from everything I've seen it's just a matter of lining it up and drilling the holes where they need to be. just take some duct tape and put it over the bottoms of the spoiler where it mounts to the trunk (sticky side facing the trunk with the spoiler sitting on it) then punch some holes in the tape so you know where to drill. Set the spoiler down on the trunk in the area you want it, push down a bit so the duct tape sticks to the trunk when you pull up the spoiler. Then drill through the holes on each side and bolt it on.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:16 PM

very good suggestion. u might also be able to get a pattern/stencil, from the dealer if you order it from them. if ur going to drill holes dont try to use a regular bit cuz itll come out ruugh and might not fit right. make sure to use a unibite so the hole is clean and if you need to make it bigger just keep drilling. hope that helps.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 PM

i don't think i would use duct tape thats pretty damn strong, why don't you use painters tape and put them overlapping each other.