Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie need help on mods

  #1  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 15
Default Newbie need help on mods

Hi! I am new to Honda. I have a Honda Accord coupe 2011 2.4 engine. I am not a racer and will use the car for general trasport only. But once in a while I would want to let go.

I plan to have a simple mod project for it. Below is my plan:

1. car seats
2. wheels/tires
3. chip tuning
4. turbo kit
5. exhaust
6. intake

I need help/opinion on the below:

1. which should come first?
2. on tires, do I go big or maintain my tire sizes (225x55 r.17)?
3. drop in filter or CAI?

I really would appreciate your replies and comments nothing is a small idea for me.

Thanks in advance!
 
  #2  
Old 01-31-2014, 01:52 PM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

Well any intake you buy for the car will have to change when its turboed.

as for the "chip tuning". The only option really is Kpro from hondata, which you'd have to check to see if they have a version for that year accord. Other than that its just stand alone units.

I'd stay with 17 or 18in rims, nothing bigger than that.
 
  #3  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:09 AM
WheelBrokerAng's Avatar
Administrator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canton/Massillon, Ohio 44646
Posts: 30,431
Default

I agree with Rice on the tire and wheel size..19's and up are expensive and are easy to curbstone or bend with the chuck holes at least in my area.
 
  #4  
Old 02-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
Well any intake you buy for the car will have to change when its turboed.

as for the "chip tuning". The only option really is Kpro from hondata, which you'd have to check to see if they have a version for that year accord. Other than that its just stand alone units.

I'd stay with 17 or 18in rims, nothing bigger than that.
sorry but where do i find Kpro?
 
  #5  
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 15
Default

im staying at 17 then...well maybe 18 ��
 
  #6  
Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

K-Series Programmable ECU

Looks like there isnt a direct fit one for the Accords, i'm sure you could get one of them to work though.
 
  #7  
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by mel051075 View Post
Hi! I am new to Honda. I have a Honda Accord coupe 2011 2.4 engine. I am not a racer and will use the car for general trasport only. But once in a while I would want to let go.

I plan to have a simple mod project for it. Below is my plan:

1. car seats
2. wheels/tires
3. chip tuning
4. turbo kit
5. exhaust
6. intake

I need help/opinion on the below:

1. which should come first?
2. on tires, do I go big or maintain my tire sizes (225x55 r.17)?
3. drop in filter or CAI?

I really would appreciate your replies and comments nothing is a small idea for me.

Thanks in advance!
For the i4 Accords I highly recommend the short ram intakes. You'll be able to get more low end power with them. Recommending Takeda SRI. If you want to get a turbo, you might as well just trade your car in for a v6 which would make tuning more practical. If you're gonna install the turbo yourself, it will cost at least 10k. Remember this is without labor charges. I would suggest you keep your stock mufflers and just put a high flow cat with a downpipe. You'll be surprised what i4 Accords can sound like. For chip tuning go with the hondata flashpro. They seem to have the 8th gen flashpro on their website but I only saw international models. Maybe you can contact them for compatibility. I'm not too familiar with tires so maybe someone else can answer your question. Seats, and other exterior mods are up to you. Happy tuning~
 
  #8  
Old 02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 15
Default

went to a tuner. was told they dont hav the software and want to send my ecu to italy.

what do you guys think of jdm performance chips ?
 
  #9  
Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

They are ebay garbage.
 
  #10  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
WheelBrokerAng's Avatar
Administrator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canton/Massillon, Ohio 44646
Posts: 30,431
Thumbs up Yo! Rice

Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
K-Series Programmable ECU

Looks like there isnt a direct fit one for the Accords, i'm sure you could get one of them to work though.

That is a good link..spent about a hour in there..got lost reading everything..Thanks
 
Attached Thumbnails Newbie need help on mods-seniorcombatwings_reasonably_small.jpg  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie need help on mods


Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.