Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Painting trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:39 AM
HotRodder
Unregistered
Default Painting trim

I have a 99 2dr and I want to eliminate the chrome trim around the windows. I realize that it is part of the weather stripping, but, i'm just going to scuff it and paint it. Does anyone have any pics of this mod? I photochopped it and it looks nice, just wanted to see it for real before i proceed.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Default RE: Painting trim

ORIGINAL: HotRodder

I have a 99 2dr and I want to eliminate the chrome trim around the windows. I realize that it is part of the weather stripping, but, i'm just going to scuff it and paint it. Does anyone have any pics of this mod? I photochopped it and it looks nice, just wanted to see it for real before i proceed.
You may have to be the pioneer in this case. Post some photos if you do it!

Old 02-14-2007, 01:47 AM

painting it would give it a sleeker look wouldnt it? oh wells im looking for FLASH haha

Old 02-14-2007, 09:08 PM

theresan automotive spraypaint called SEM color coat or something like that, they have a color chart that you can use to match it up to your car. make sure you shake it up real good before spraying or a yellow glue type crap will come out. do several light coats letting each one dry completely before spraying the next coat or it will run. ive done bumpers and outside trim before as well as interiorpartswith it and it turned out nice. they also have a carpet dye you can use to "touch up" the carpet in your car if your going to sell it. it last for awhile

Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 PM

I have a 2000 2 dr. that's orange and hated the way the chrome looked so I painted mine black. If you take the moulding on the door off then you'll prob.break the clips but new ones are pretty cheap. Plus itmakes it a whole lot easier. I'll try to post pics soon.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 AM
HotRodder
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: OneBright2K

I have a 2000 2 dr. that's orange and hated the way the chrome looked so I painted mine black. If you take the moulding on the door off then you'll prob.break the clips but new ones are pretty cheap. Plus itmakes it a whole lot easier. I'll try to post pics soon.
Sweet man, i'd like to see those.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
shah
Unregistered

Yeah, man! Post some pictures when you are done. I am sure it would look sleek.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 AM

Wont work, itll chip off easily.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
blaz72282
Unregistered

Proper preparation is the key to getting a paint job that wont chip, crack, or peel. The entire surface must be roughed up with fine sandpaper and cleaned with ano residue solvent. A quality primer must be used, otherwise the paint will fail. After the primer coat, paint with your choice of paint. Several light coats and good technique are key when using spray cans. It seems to me it would be much easier taking the trim off the doors first. then you can really get a good prep job done. Buy some new clips in advance, and If you break a few in the process, you'll have them on hand. Take your time and I'm sure you will be happy with the results. Dont forget to post pics!!! -Mike