Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Outside door trim removal? Painting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 AM
EkliptStudios
Unregistered
Default Outside door trim removal? Painting?

Okay I have a 91' Accord and its white, on the outside of my doors theres that hideous black trim thats like 4" in width that goes down the side of the car (its black). Im wanting to remove it without damaging it and paint it white to match the car ..... how do i remove it w/o damaging it. Also, i wanna paint it white, and its like Satin black right now, so what process do I need to go through to make it look smooth and white like the rest of the car? ..... thought about just buying some spray paint (car paint) at auto zone and just painting it......

Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Default RE: Outside door trim removal? Painting?

if I rembember right it's just held in place by some clips, start at one end and slowly work it off, then to paint it I'd suggest primering the trim first, then spray paint it a high gloss white, if you don't primer it the black will show through just a little bit

Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM
EkliptStudios
Unregistered
Default RE: Outside door trim removal? Painting?

Cool, i'll work on that and see what happens. Hopefully I wont break any of the clips. Can you pick up extra clips at like auto zone or advance auto? Just in case if I do break them? lol