Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Plastidip the entire car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member

cool idea

Old 08-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Okay so this stuff is awesome. I went and got a can of this stuff from Home Depot, it was only $5.98 there, less than Sears, and I painted my back emblem with it last night. Didn't turn out perfect seeing as it was night and I couldn't see much but it's definitely cool and I'm going to be redoing the back and blacking out all my chrome soon! It really does peel right off paint and stick to emblems. I think it's some sort of magic...

Old 08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Just think of the fun you could have when you get bored and have nothing to do..You could sit around with your buds and your gals and just start peeling your car like an ORANGE

Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

When I first ready your idea yesterday, I laughed.
I though no way would that work and / or look good.

Well I read all 19 pages over at the DSM link and found some other cars on Google to look at also.

I just ordered 10 cans online for $72.00 shipped.

I will post pics next week oce I have it completed.

Thank you for the wonderful idea.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Great idea. LOL I work at Home Depot and never knew they sold this stuff. I think Im goin to use it on my hood and maybe rims. It might only last a few weeks or months but it doesnt damage the paint and comes off somewhat easy so if I dont like it it comes off.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:42 PM

I just did my badges, I'll post pictures later, looks pretty nice. Tomorrow I will be blacking out the window chrome and doing my rims. Might have to go get a second can for that!

Another great thing about this stuff is that if you end up with overspray it easily comes off with a bit of light rubbing! Absolutely magical.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Supper Moderator

ok my question is if it comes off so easy. What happens when one of your buddy’s is leaning agents your car?? Will it rub off that easy? Also I might have to try this on my OEM rims....blacked out rims on my gold/tan paint might...well it will look sick! Start posting pics I wanna see I wanna see!! lol

Old 08-21-2011, 11:09 AM

there are tons of pics here

Plastidipped my car. - DSM Forums

Old 08-21-2011, 11:10 AM

this whole car was done

Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Almost A Senior Member

That's what I mean. I want to murder the whole car out in flat black just like that so it looks like Batman can use it after the Tumbler is blown.

I'm glad a lot more people are taking note of this and trying plastidip out. I want to do it so bad but I have to scrounge up the cash first. A lot of people use this primarily to coat the front grills so the road grime doesn't scratch it. It also looks somewhat stylish with the black grills.

As for whether it will rub off, I heard it's removable but it's annoying to remove. Some people have resorted to power/pressure washing to remove it faster but I heard if you use a high PSI pressure washer on it it can actually take the paint off with it. Ouch.

So it's removable but you're probably going to have to spend a good week or so carefully chipping away at it. It's not so lightly applied that it would be removed by wind or just touching it. That would be a grand waste of money.

I just wish there was a way I could pull the body panels and things off and paint them in my yard instead of doing it all on the car.

Last edited by MessAround; 08-21-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Plastidip the entire car.