Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

projector headlights for 06 accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default projector headlights for 06 accord

I have an HID kit installed in my car, and it looks great! The only problem is the beam pattern is terrible. The light is spread like a blob with my factory head unit. I want to get projector headlights but don't know what would fit and where to even look. Has anybody done this or could anybody give me assistance?

2006 Accord 4dr, ex-v6

Thanks

Old 10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: projector headlights for 06 accord

Google TYC Elegante and Anzo and also search eBay Motors for some ideas. A retrofit (Acura TSX or S2000 projectors in your original housing) provides the best light output over aftermarket projectors, but at a significantly higher cost.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Firstly how many watts are you HIDs? All cheap kits are lower wattage and not as bright. Also did u adjust your headlight after? I only ask because that is not all the case with my headlights. While the light isn't as uniform as a projector, I don't see any edges on the road.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have 35 watt HIDs. They are plenty bright- that is not the problem. I am looking for that cut-off beam you see from BMW's or other cars with stock HIDs. The Accord stock headlight assemblyisn't made for HIDs and that is why there is just a blob of light- no real light pattern. Probably unlike most people, I am actually looking for performance enhancement from installing projectors; I am not doing it to make the visual appearance of the car any nicer.

So, has anybody put in projectors and seen any reduced quality in light output? Any increase? Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM

It's been said numerous times that aftermarket projectors do not offer good light output, it's merely decent. Your best route for a good projector is to retrofit a projectors into your housing, such as a BMW, Acura, or Lexus projector. This is a costly upgrade, but you get a good lens and an even better cutoff line. If you must go the aftermarket route, Elegante by TYC or Anzo are the best manufacturers, just don't expect them to be amazing.

From my own experience with Anzo projectors (I paid $130 shipped), the light output was whiter and brighter, but the beam was not as diffused as the stock reflectors. Instead of a nice, even glow you'll most likely get patter that looks as if a light was shone through a piece of crystal, although not that extreme, with some minor hotspots. If you look in falkore24's image gallery on here you'll see what TYC projectors looked like in his 2000 Accord when he had it.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: shaleck
Probably unlike most people, I am actually looking for performance enhancement from installing projectors; I am not doing it to make the visual appearance of the car any nicer.

So, has anybody put in projectors and seen any reduced quality in light output? Any increase? Thanks
Is that what you want? Better performance and not looks? Well that's all projectors are... They decrease the Lumens output, and projects the beam in a nice pretty pattern. You lose light with projectors, you do not gain anything but appearance. Although high quality projectors are leaps and bounds over after market projectors, there is still an output decrease. If you want 100% maximum light output flood lights are better than projectors. BTW I agree with you, I don't have a single appearce "mod" on my car. I only have HIDs becuase I can't stand the color of halogens, its more for me then people looking at my car. If I cared what my car looked like I wouldn't be driving an accord. I would have gotten another truck, but I just can't afford the gas.