Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Default Projectors

Was just wondering if getting any pair of projector headlights, like an ebay set, actually makes your light output better. I had used hyper whites from different brands like sylvania and misc ebay brands and even tried silverstars but noticed that 1. Yes! They change the color of the light output. 2. NO! The distance the light penetrated was horrible, I have since switched back over to standard bulbs and although not white, I don't worry about hitting anything because I don't have time to react due to not being able to see further away.

So.....will projectors combat this? You would think since you are basically pushing light through a magnifying glass of sorts that it would.

And regardless of this, I like the look of halo projectors, I have a white car with clear/chrome bumper lenses. Will black housing look good, or will chrome housing look better?

Old 11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Projectors

If you want more lights, go for HIDs. I love my HIDs, they look great and you can see much further then stock bulbs. I have never tried other kinds of "White" Halogen bulbs, so if those are worse then stocks. HIDs will be much much better. Also a set of HIDs cost about the same as a set of good projectors.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:02 PM

From what I have noticed about my projectors they really aren't that bright. Soon I will be getting the dual halo projectors and I'm hoping that they will be better than the single halo. The other thing is that you have to put specific bulbs in because I bought some blue lights for the lights that are inside the halo and they melted stuff. Also you cannot put HIDs in this set up. I'm pretty sure that the HIDs would melt the electrical hook ups. From what I see on the road I think the HIDs are the brightest. I also have silverstars which from what I know they are the only bulbs that you can put in projectors other than factory. Hope this helps. Halos are very cool looking but I think untill you can buy the ones like the bmws the halos aren't going to put out the right light. This is just what I have experienced.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I just transferred my HIDs from my Suburban to my Accord. Once I get my tints, I will be taking and posting pics. I can take of a pic of the light, and the range of the light. Dramatic increase...