Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

The sidewalk tore up my front bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Default The sidewalk tore up my front bumper!

Okay, my car's in a dilemma. It's in need of a major makeover. It's been a while since I've posted about all the mods I wanted to put on my car. I've done a little research and growing up, lol. Anyway, I keep forgetting how low my car is, and it's at stock height too! Whenever I pull into a parking spot, sometimes I pull up into the parking spot too close and run part of my front bumper up onto the sidewalk. Backing up didn't help any; it made my problem worse. It pulled my front bumper out a little and the sides hang down. It looks like ****. To make matters worse, my front left bumper turn signal decided to bail out on me on the interstate. Basically it fell off. So, I'm gonna order some black housing JDM look-alikes on ebay and slip those in. I'm not gonna do this for a while, but do any of you know any good full bumper body kits out there for the 94-97 Accords? I'd like one that has a spot for me to put my bumper turn signals too if possible. The reason why I'm not gonna do this for a while is because I plan to paint my car black in the future, and I want to get the bumper kit painted black at the same time.

Yeah I'll post a pic when I get off my lazy *** and take it.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: The sidewalk tore up my front bumper!

Check out eBay.

There is a company the has a product call like VFIBER or V something and they show videos of hammering and people jumping on them w/ no damage. Looks pretty good in my opinion but by no means am I a pro in body kits and their strength.

Ive scraped a couple of times w/ my bumper but never had that happen. If your sides by the wheel well are hanging out then most likely the 2 or 3 screws holding it flat popped out. They are easy to get to, just look in your wheel well towards the front and move the wheel well liner over a little and you should see where it goes together. And youll notice hole on the inside flaps of the bumper right where it meets w/ the liner.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

stock bumper FTW. IMO all the body kits are way too extreme for the accord.

I damaged my front bumper blowing donuts a few weeks ago. I just ordered a stock bumper and i'm going to put a lip on it.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The stock bumper is indestructible! When I pull in too far to a spot I usually scrape the front tow hook first and my car is lowered 1".

Recently, I hit a patch of balck ice on a cloverleaf and spun a 180 into a snowbank, ripping the bumper completely off. When I got home I simply drilled new holes in between the old ones holding the cover to the bumper frame, put new plugs in, and went off to enjoy my Friday night.

Damage: 1. Two turn signals plug torn out, plugged back in. 2. All mount holes in bumper cover torn, drilled new.

I told oyu it was indestructible.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member

^^^^NICE!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I wouldnt mind having these ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-9...QQcmdZViewItem

I LOVE the spyder rear in this one.....I think its PERFECT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-9...QQcmdZViewItem

actually i would just get the whole sypder kit

Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM

Yuck. I hate body kits with a passion. When I see a family-oriented car such as ours with blinged out fender and bumpers I laugh. Just my personal preference I guess. Why flaunt something we all know you don't have?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well what is the difference between putting aftermarket rims on a family sedan, or adding performance parts?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 PM

There's nothing wrong with it at all. 95% of the Hondas around here have nasty body kits that don't match the paint and fart canons. I guess they just look ricer most of the time. It's personal preference. I'd rather spend my money making my car faster than making it look faster.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Lol, the bumper kit is alright, but it's not for me. I'm very picky about bumper kits. As for the bumper scraping and coming off, I guess I'll just remove the headlights and re-bolt everything down again and put the headlights back on. I hope I can find a good bumper kit that has a spot to include the front turn signals. I need that to pass and get an inspection sticker.