Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

silverstars

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Default silverstars

so i got the sylvanie silverstar headlamp bulbs for my 04 sedan. ive yet to see them in the dark. but i could BARELY tell any difference in color or brightness around 5pm today. i had one stock in and one silverstar... couldnt see a difference. is this to be expected? i mean are the stock halogens comparable to aftermarket?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: silverstars

ORIGINAL: dan_o_89_rs

so i got the sylvanie silverstar headlamp bulbs for my 04 sedan. ive yet to see them in the dark. but i could BARELY tell any difference in color or brightness around 5pm today. i had one stock in and one silverstar... couldnt see a difference. is this to be expected? i mean are the stock halogens comparable to aftermarket?
depends on what comes in there from the factory. they might have put some decent bulbs in there from the get-go. youll see a difference if you compare them to cheapo pep boys bulbs.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM

well all i know abou tthe old bulbs is that they are stanley brand. the wattage listed on the bulbs was identical to the sylvania's.

anyway once it got dark lastnite i saw the difference. not a huge difference but the light was noticably whiter. the brightness seemed to increase also... just not much... for instance the reflections seem to be brighter, but the lighted area of the road seemed to be about the samein size/distance ahead.

looking back, i think i wouldve preferred the silverstar ultrabrights(designed for offroad purposes) by sylvania. at least for my highbeams. i wouldnt recommend the ultras if your wanting big differences.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM

it says for offroad but you can probably use it without any trouble
and i did notice that my stock bulbs were pretty bright and a lil more white than others

Old 08-26-2007, 02:19 AM
UAA

Ive got the Silverstar Ultra's on my 01 sedan, and I had the regular silverstars before these,
when I had the regular silverstars I couldnt really see a difference, but when I got the Ultra's the lighted area on the road grew, as did the brightness, they get really bright and white after a few minutes and they've heated up, my buddy also got them for is 93 'lude and they shine even brighter than on my accord, even a more blue light in my opinion.
I suggest getting the Ultra's if you can find them, cant be that hard, and if you dont mind forking out a few more dollars for them.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:07 PM

i at least wanna get the ultras for the highbeams so when i gotta see its like BAM. or when m effer's cut me off, or drive neck and neck with the car next to them directly in front of me doing under the speedlimit so i cant pass... i can get my point across... haha. maybe next payday.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 PM

anyone heard of / tried this?

on a diy site, a guy suggested using the highbeam bulbs in both thehigh andlowbeam housings. the lowbeam plug would need slight modification. his reasononing is that theyre brighter. the design of the housing, however, will still make the highbeams a little brighter using an identical bulb.

depending if its easier to modify the bulb or the plug, i may try trimming the original highbeam bulb and see what kind of light i would get with it in my lowwbeam socket.

if i like this idea i maymov my highbeam silverstars into the lowbeam socket and purchase the highbeam silverstar Ultras for the highbeam sockets.

what you think?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
UAA

Sounds like a good idea to me, I cant think of any reason why that wouldnt work..