Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Thinking about tinting my '07 Accord 35% front 20% Rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Default Thinking about tinting my '07 Accord 35% front 20% Rear

I'm thinking about tinting my silver 2007 Accord Sedan 35% on the front side windows and 20% on the rear side windows and rear windshield. Has any one done this before? Any thoughts on how this looks? Any pics would be nice too.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by scottyb
I'm thinking about tinting my silver 2007 Accord Sedan 35% on the front side windows and 20% on the rear side windows and rear windshield. Has any one done this before? Any thoughts on how this looks? Any pics would be nice too.
Should look good, if it's legal and all. I would take it to someone to get it done. A good place will do a good, clean job and have a lifetime warranty on the tint if anything goes wrong with it; peels, etc.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Velocifero
Should look good, if it's legal and all. I would take it to someone to get it done. A good place will do a good, clean job and have a lifetime warranty on the tint if anything goes wrong with it; peels, etc.
Yea, I'd definitely get it done professionally. I had a 2009 Mazdaspeed3 tinted 20% all around and I liked it, but the front side windows weren't legal in CT and it was honestly hard to see at night. I found myself hoping no one was walking in the street when making turns sometimes when it was particularly dark out.

If there was a 25-30% tint offered I would get it no problem. I'm thinking 35% will be too light for my taste.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:53 AM

Yea, I'd definitely get it done professionally. I had a 2009 Mazdaspeed3 tinted 20% all around and I liked it, but the front side windows weren't legal in CT and it was honestly hard to see at night. I found myself hoping no one was walking in the street when making turns sometimes when it was particularly dark out.

If there was a 25-30% tint offered I would get it no problem. I'm thinking 35% will be too light for my taste.
35% is legal for front windows in your state which is pretty good. It's 70% in DE...I think I have 35% on my rears, rear windshield and sunroof. You're lucky and since it's legal, I'd jump on it. Doesn't your DMV inspection check your tint levels?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Velocifero
35% is legal for front windows in your state which is pretty good. It's 70% in DE...I think I have 35% on my rears, rear windshield and sunroof. You're lucky and since it's legal, I'd jump on it. Doesn't your DMV inspection check your tint levels?
Naa, the DMV doesn't check. The cops have window checkers that they clip onto the top of the window though. I had my MS3 for a year with 20% tints on it and never got bothered by them though.

Another thing I was thinking, Should I tint the sunroof? Is it worth it, cause it has a shade that I can pull shut.

70% that sucks. That's like a mild sun screen. SPF 4 at best.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Naa, the DMV doesn't check. The cops have window checkers that they clip onto the top of the window though. I had my MS3 for a year with 20% tints on it and never got bothered by them though.

Another thing I was thinking, Should I tint the sunroof? Is it worth it, cause it has a shade that I can pull shut.

70% that sucks. That's like a mild sun screen. SPF 4 at best.
Yeah it does blow, but I might get it done if only to block the UV rays and protect my leather. I would tint the sunroof and many modern cars come tinted from the factory. It's for when you want a little light in the cabin or just feel "cooped up" and want the to slide the panel back and not get blasted by the hot sun. I don't have climate control so I've learned a few tricks over the years to regulate the temperature. For instance in the winter I'll put the heat on, but slide back the sunroof panel to let some of the heat escape.

Last edited by Velocifero; 09-17-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to go with 35% front side windows and 20% rear back and side windows. I'm not a big fan of the "eyebrow" so I'm gonna skip that.

I'm gonna go with 35% on the sunroof just to get a little more protection than it provides. I think there's a 95% factory tint on it, but it's like a mild sunscreen at best. I'll post pictures after it's done. Maybe as soon as this weekend.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've got 5% on all my rear and had it on my front two until the cops made me take it off the front. NEVER get 5% on the front, worst idea ever.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM

I have 35% on the front and rear in the day it keeps out the UV's and it looks ok dark at night they look very dark. At night could see out fine. On the back 20% was very hard to see out of and if you race it can be really annoying at night 25% is what i recommend for the rear window.

Last edited by homerfayt2; 09-28-2010 at 08:14 PM.