Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

What window visors are these?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default What window visors are these?

Are those the honda ones? Looking for some window visors and love how deep these are. Looks like they should cut down on wind noise a bit. Also heard the honda ones are the best fitment and don't crack, fade, or crunch on window roll up. I don't care about the money, I just want something that looks good.

Also would the honda moonroof visor fit under those yakima roof racks?

Attached Thumbnails What window visors are these?-accord11a.jpg  
Old 05-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Anybody know? Already asked on another forum with no reply and would like to know soon so I can order these please. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM

May I suggest the in-channel visor/deflectors from WeatherTech, I've used them on 4 different vehicles without issue and presently have them on my Accord Sport. I do not work for nor am I in any way affiliated with Weathertech

Last edited by redbull-1; 05-05-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor live link removed.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I heard on the coupe they crack. That is my next choice, but heard that these here pictured are the honda ones and have 0 issues with fitment, fading, or cracking so think I will go with them.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM

I can't imagine that the WeatherTech visors would crack, as I stated, I've owned 4 sets and they are guaranteed. The main difference I like about the WT as opposed to the OEM Honda is that the WT are in-channel and are therefore not effected by wind-speed, car washes, etc... whereas the Honda (and other brands) are glued to the outside of the car by 3M tape. Of course, the final decision is yours and yours alone.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh I thought it was opposite? I thought the Honda were in channel and WeatherTech glued on. So you think the weather tech would be quieter then? I mainly care about wind noise and the rain and weather guard is nice too. And since the WeatherTechs are mounted in channel I heard they crunch, not crack, such as on a window roll up.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:13 PM

As far as I know, WeatherTech is the only company that offers in-channel visors... they call them deflectors. The in-channel is for the front windows only, even WT's rear window deflectors are 3M taped. You asked about visors for a coupe, so I did not mention the rear windows.
Anyone who has 'crunched' one of WT's in-channel products has not installed them properly. It is an easy install and no tools are necessary... simply follow the instructions. Make sure the car's windows are down about an inch and that the very bottom piece of the visor (very important) is outside the window molding. Slightly bend the visor and work the remainder into the side and upper channel. Roll the window up 3 or 4 times, then leave the window fully shut (closed) for 24 hours to seat properly.... then, ready to rock.
I especially like the ability to open the windows enough to ventilate during rain and we can leave the windows open about a half inch while the car is parked which keeps the interior a bit cooler during the summer.
As I said before, this is my 4th set and each was on a different car.. no issues

The new WT visor/deflectors have a small, manufacturer's decal attached which can be easily removed with some Goo Gone

Last edited by Prospector; 05-07-2015 at 06:24 PM.