Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.
View Poll Results: A poll
There cool!
34.62%
There cool but a waste of time/money.
11.54%
There ok
19.23%
I would never have one!
26.92%
other (please post your reason)
7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

What is your opinion on body kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Default What is your opinion on body kits?

So ive been having this arguement with people at school. Some people say a body kit is stupid and only for ricers while other people say it just makes most cars look sharper. And for the poll were just talking about the side skirts and the bumpers. Not the spoiler. And this is just for looks, not for racing or anything like that.

So what do you think of a body kit on an accord?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Default RE: What is your opinion on body kits?

completely depends on the kit, the reason for application and driving habbits... for example if you race auto x or elsewhere a body kit is a downfall, if you put a giant wing on and huge fenders etc that are installed improperly and gaudy (sp) then it will look retarded to me... however, if it's a show car it's almost a must have.... Long story short, sure they look ok but only if done properly and in good taste... in the long run you're the one driving the car, if you love it then it's great

Old 02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I do not like body kits. A front and rear lip is okay, but not the full bumper, no side skirts, no wing for me. But hey, its YOUR car, so do whatever will make YOU happy with it. Its all about you, my friend.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:10 PM

Oh and just talking about the side skirts and front and back bumper. not the spoiler.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Body kits were designed and built for show, they are completely about looks and have nothing to do with performance 90% of the time... If you are building a car for show competition it's a must have, if not then they can look nice and they do draw attention (both good and bad), my personal opinion, I don't like them but then again I'm more into actuall race vehicles than looking pretty...

Old 02-14-2007, 08:26 PM

I agree with sirnasty. If you want to build a show car, then it will definately make your car stand out. BUT PLEASE don't buy the 300 dollar kits off of ebay!! They are cheaply made and don't match the lines of any cars. Go with a genuine kit -they run anywhere from $600 to $800. That's what I have and I don't get anything but compliments.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

A great show car always has a body kit which is what gives it
" THE LOOK " and that's what people are "LOOKING AT", therefore I vote I Like Them

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with most of the people that previously posted. If you are using it for show, then you have to have one. but if you plan on doing any racing, its just going to get destroyed. Also you may want to take into consideration where you live, like if the roads are bad, and it snows in the winter, and you plan on driving the car in the winter, then it probably isnt a good idea.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 PM

Body-kit all the way... I love them... but you have to get a really nice and fancy looking one... make the car have that show look... I have one on my car... But I have seen some REALLY cheap looking one's... Like Stated above when it comes to things like that... you get what you pay for...

Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM

Ok so heres my situation. I live in the northwest and it rains a lot, maybe snow once or twice a year. I drive my car every day just on roads which are paved pretty good. So would a body it even last on my car? or should I just avoid it and keep it lowered?

Quick Reply: What is your opinion on body kits?