Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.
View Poll Results: A poll
There cool!
34.62%
There cool but a waste of time/money.
11.54%
There ok
19.23%
I would never have one!
26.92%
other (please post your reason)
7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

What is your opinion on body kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Default RE: What is your opinion on body kits?

i like the look of clean body kits im not really one for the wild looking ones but its all personal preference unless the body kit weighs less than the stock bumper it really wouldnt help in racing though unless it was designed to like wind diffusers or whatnot

Old 02-15-2007, 12:32 PM

Well I live live in New York where when it snows it SNOWS... and the streets pertty much suck... I have a body kit on my ride and have no problems... If you have good leved roads I would say go for it...

Old 02-15-2007, 01:18 PM

I voted other. The reason being that I have seen some that were incredibly horrible and some that were attractive. They're not for me but when done tastefully they can enhance the look.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

The reason being that I have seen some that were incredibly horrible and some that were attractive. They're not for me but when done tastefully they can enhance the look.
WERD!

Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
crazy
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

I agree with sirnasty. If you want to build a show car, then it will definately make your car stand out. BUT PLEASE don't buy the 300 dollar kits off of ebay!! They are cheaply made and don't match the lines of any cars. Go with a genuine kit -they run anywhere from $600 to $800. That's what I have and I don't get anything but compliments.

I couldnt agree more (on a side not i love how your car looks, i sold my fully done car and got the accord for a regular DD and looking at urs makes me wanna do it alll over again :S ). I didnt pick any of the polls but the option Other. To me it really depends on the taste of kit you choose. Some can follow the factory lines with a little added jazz and make the car really "POP" Look nice clean and tasteful. Other cars can be done and there is just WAY to much going on and can ruin the look or if the front and rear dont flow kits can make or break your ride reasearch them well pick a color thats gonna go with the kit just make it all flow together so nothing looks outta place and you will be happy with most coments. But most important do what makes you happy. But i would recomend higher end kits, they cost alot more up front but save you sooo much cash and time in the long run and if avaliable try getting poly urathane over fiberglass. thats my 0.02

Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
samtheturtle
Unregistered

Most body kits out today are for show and aren't made for functionality, so I'm generally against them (since I'm a track kinda guy). However I have seen body kits made specifically for routing air to the CAI and to funnel air to the front brake calipers to cool them, as well as wind diffusers to help keep your car steady and high speeds. I'm for any of that stuff as long as it looks about the same or better than stock.

I'm not a fan at all of hood or roof scoops, although if a hood scoop had a low profile and was functional (for engine cooling) I wouldn't necessarily be against it. I love the look of fender flares, and they're nice for getting that ultra-wide tire to fit too!

Old 02-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Lucky_V6
Unregistered

I don't mind SOME body kits, I've seen some cleancars(like my buddies RSX)with nice kits. However some kits can be downright nasty.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

The only kind of body kit that I find appealing at all is a wide body kit. A car with a nice wide body kit can look really sick.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 AM

I think some bodykits are absoulutely nasty. Some kits look clean and ride the lines of the car. I personally have been through several kits my self trying to get the best look. From a buddyclub I to a R33 to a R34 kit to just a simple add-on lip kit now. I prefer overall the lip kit. Its simple, made to follow the oem lines, you keep your oem bumpers and a lot cheaper in the long run. Another thing is the type of product its made of. There is fiberglass, polyurethane and abs. If you can, get what ever you choose in polyurethane. Well worth the extra $$$$. Thats my opinion.