Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Default Window Tint

New to the forums here, hoping someone can help me... Here in IL I have learned that window tinting has been made legal. I have a quote from someone but I wanted to make sure it was a decent quote. I only know of one shop locally that does tinting and I have not read a single good thing about that place.

So, roughly what could one expect to pay for tinting (35%) on a 2008 4-door Honda Accord?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM

if you feel wary about your local shop you can always tint your windows yourself. its not a difficult process but you will need to research it first so you know some about it before you attempt it. walmart sells tint film and the applications tools but you can also find good quality products online if you dont like buying car stuff from there. I intend on doing mine in the very near future so if you would like i could do mine and i could let you know how it turns out.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 PM

I had my windows tinted (35%) this past week. The place I went to charges $169 for a tint with a 2 year warranty. I paid an extra $20 for a thicker tint with the lifetime warranty.

Honestly, I have no idea how that price compares, but it seemed fair to me. I chose this place based upon my dealer's recommendation and after checking the BBB.

It looks great on the dk grey Accord.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 AM

pics please

Old 05-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Where did you get it done at?

Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 AM

I had it done at a place called Quality Window Tinting in Northern Kentucky (just south of Cincinnati):

Quality Window Tinting for your Home, Business, Auto, or Boat in Kentucky and Ohio - Quality Window Tinting

I'm very happy with it so far.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Newest Of Newbies

hey bud to answer your question I live up here in ny and i paid 275 for a very good job no bubbling whatsoever. hope that helps

Old 05-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I got mine done in NYC too.. they removed all old tint on all windows and replaced with 20% and did the entire thing for $300.

The only reason it was a little more was because the old tint was on there for almost 10 years and was practically CLEAR it was so old. The glue was stuck to the window so they had to chemically remove it.

They did an amazing job, and I even went back on Saturday and got the top portion of my windshield done for only $30.

Hope this helps.

By the way, NYC is very overpriced... So hopefully you can get it at a better deal.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 AM

im fixing to do my own here in a couple of days and i was wondering if anyone knew if you put the tint film on the outside or the inside of the glass i know it might be a stupid question but i just wanna make sure i do it right.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies

On the inside of the windows- I had a shop do mine, but I found a lot of good diy videos on youtube . You should b able to buy a tint kit whereevr u get ur tint- (found one by BlackMagic in Walmart) includes razor knife, how to dvd, tint application spray, etc. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Window Tint