Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

02 Honda Accord Subs make a constant loud noise when I turn the stock cd player off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Default 02 Honda Accord Subs make a constant loud noise when I turn the stock cd player off?

I have installed an amp and subs to my stock radio in 02 honda accord and ran the remote wire and speaker wires from the correct wires in the harness behind the cd deck and it works fine until I press the power button to turn the cd player off then my subs get really loud at a constant never ending level. If the cd player is on but the volume is at zero it is fine but as soon as I press the power button and turn off the headunit it starts. I am using a high-low converter spliced into the rear speaker wires. Any ideas?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

you tapped the ignition wire for the remote turn-on. while this turns the amp off when the car is off, the amp is on when the radio is off. this causes that noise.

you have a few options.

1. but a LOC with an auto turn-on feature. David Navone Engineering has one i recommend.
2. add a wire to the stock head unit that adds a true remote turn-on. i did this to my factory 6-disc changer head unit for my 01 accord. i can show you the correct pin. i had to open up the radio to add this.
3. change the amp to one with an auto turn-on feature.
4. add a toggle switch to the remote turn-on wire. then you can manually turn the amp off when you want to turn the head unit off. remember - amp on last, amp off first.
5. never turn off the head unit.

issues like these are why i don't recommend using igntiion wires for amp turn-on.