Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

08 Accourd w/ navi and premium audio sounds flat

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Default 08 Accourd w/ navi and premium audio sounds flat

Just got this car. I love it. Aside from a few cosmetic changes and power adders, i really like the car. Leather navigation butt warmers, has it all. Except the sound system. I've always had good sound in the cars.
I thought the premium sound system in the Accord would be as good as the one in the TSX. This turns out not to be the case. The imaging is awfull, the frequency response is flat and narrow.
So how to I keep the stock head unit and have aftermarket amps and speakers. I mean, I know the amps and speakers part, but I need to keep the stock head unit for the navigation.
I need an adapter to go from the head unit to preamp. I thought Crutchfield would have one, but no. Honda is no help. Neither is Acura. I also want the USB port like the TSX, but that's another thread.

Any one have any advice?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

you want the Pac-Audio AOEM-HON20. fits in between the factory radio and factory wiring harness while giving you a remote turn on and RCA outputs.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

for ipod interface, that's a different product by Pac-Audio. visit their site, enter your vehicle info, and browse their products.

for true USB connectivity look at Grom Audio GROM-USB2-HON1

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
you want the Pac-Audio AOEM-HON20. fits in between the factory radio and factory wiring harness while giving you a remote turn on and RCA outputs.
Of course. Pac. I had forgotten all about them. Thank you. What can I expect the sound quality to be? I'm sure it on't be as good as say a high end Alpine, but I would like to know if it's worth it.

Thanks again. I'll find their web site right now.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sound quality will be decent. When upgrading speakers, check out my door installation and deadening thread.