Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2002 Accord Audio

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Default 2002 Accord Audio

I'm helping a friend with an audio install in his 2002 Accord. I can't seem to find any write-ups on 2002 audio. I see a lot of audio information but nothing specific to this year Accord.

Does anyone have a write-up with pictures they can provide? I'm really just looking for door, dash, and rear speaker removal / installation. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

hehe.

start with my build log - you'll see plenty of pics on a 2001 sedan (same gen). coupes are similar.

removal instructions can be found on metraonline dot com. just enter the vehicle information and look up the dash kit, speaker kit, etc. and you can download the PDF instructions that explain how to get into the car.

i can tell you it's pretty easy. i can recite any of it as i've done it many times.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

door -
pry back on the small screw head cover behind the door handle (inside the car). remove the phillips screw. push forward on the door handle cup and it will come free. then disconnect the electric lock harness and the metal bars (rotate plastic clip to release metal bars).
pry back the small screw head cover in the door handle pocket. remove the phillips screw. remove the window control.door handle piece (lift up). disconnect harnesses.
remove black sail panel cover - pries off.
remove small plastic trim clip near upper door hinge.
the rest of the panel is held with clips. start at the bottom and work your way up. you will need to disconnect the courtesy lamp harness after you free up the door.
once the door is free - lift up.

installation is reverse of removal - just start by inserting the top of the door in the window track and work you way top-bottom.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

rear speakers-
there are brass colored phillips screws that hold the plastic speaker covers on from the trunk. laying down in the trunk look up and remove the screws - they are through the actual metal deck. two per side.
once the screws are out - pry the grill up from the back - the front is held with a bracket L piece. on the passenger side you need to pry off the seat belt guide. you can leave it routed through the seat belt to replace the speaker.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

door speakers are held with a triangular plastic adapter. new speakers won't fit in this. you will need to make or buy speaker adapters. pretty easy to make them out of wood - just water proof the wood first. also, it helps to add a layer of weatherstripping foam between the baffle and door. also, between the new speaker and door panel to maintain the factory air seal. without a seal between the speaker and door panel - bass response will greatly suffer (true for front doors and rear 6x9)

Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

instructions for dash
https://metradealer.com/files/products/INST95-7895.pdf

Metra 72-7800 will allow you to adapt the factory speaker harness to wires you can use on your new speakers.

Metra also has the necessary wire harness and mounting adapter. DO NOT CUT THE FACTORY HARNESS