Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2007 SE V6 - aftermarket stereo options

Old 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Default 2007 SE V6 - aftermarket stereo options

Hi all,

I'm hoping there are some more options out there for after market stereos than what I've found. Well, okay, not the stereo itself, but the dash adaptor. I've seen this from Crutchfield, but it doesn't get that great of reviews, so I'm hoping for more options.

I have this exact radio (CD changer, etc...)
Car Radio Pros | 2007 Honda Accord Radio or CD Player

I found a really old thread here (from 2007) but the crutchfield link is bad, and only takes me to the Crutchfield homepage, so I don't know what they used.

Does anyone have any more up to date info?

All I really want to do is replace the OEM stereo with a DIN sized unit, but preserve the OEM look (more or less).

Thanks!!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

all I know of is that metra one you have posted, and I dont think you will find a nicer one. you can however mount your deck in the lower cubby and keep your factory radio in the car.

Last edited by neophyte; 01-11-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM

is that the "free" installation kit you get from Crutchfield?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 PM

I dont know. it is a metra. i ordered it seperately because I had an equalizer in there for about a year before I got the deck.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM

thanks.

I'd really like to replace the factory radio, but that metra one gets such bad reviews, I'm not willing to do it. But I'm not sold on the look of having two stereos installed, either.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:04 PM

I understand. Ideally I wouldnt have two either. I cant remove my stock stereo because of the dual climate control but it is what it is. so that is what I went with.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM

Actually, I found this:

Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth hands free car kit - Parrot - Car Toys

the main reason I wanted to replace the stereo was to get a hands free bluetooth deck (like the Sony BT2900). I was shopping around for one for my pickup, which already has a DIN sized receiver/CD player, and that got me thinking about getting one for the Accord too.

From the looks of it, I think I'm better off going this route... Plus, this gets really good reviews from what I've seen.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

if you just want to add features to your stock radio, you can go with Parrot, PACaudio, USAspec, GROMaudio, etc. and add many features to your Accord radio.

many of the modern cars are being made with radios that integrate other vehicle functions. the result is a stereo that is a permanent part of the car. the dual radio setup isn't ideal, but you can still use the factory radio as a CD changer into an AUX input on the new aftermarket in the lower pocket.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 PM

my cd changer broke. which is why I went with a whole new stereo.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
but you can still use the factory radio as a CD changer into an AUX input on the new aftermarket in the lower pocket.
this is exactly what I want to do. Can someone please explain how to pull this off? I have been searching online and can't seem to find how to wire this

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 SE V6 - aftermarket stereo options