Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

8th gen nav install idea.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If your talking about custom fabbing a double DIN into the factory HU, if you have to ask it's out of your league. It's not just finding the right size screen... Just get the DANG double DIN kit for the 8th gen, they are less than $50.

Last edited by WheelBrokerAng; 05-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 AM

You do realize that's more about show than function. For the money and work that goes into a project like that, you can get yourself a real HU. The pioneer's navi is pretty top notch, and it's actually a HU...

Old 05-17-2009, 02:42 AM

Well I'm not at all familiar with the 8th gen, but what your talking about is possible. It will take a lot of craftsmanship and either a lot of talent or experience to look good. What size screen are you talking about?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Good luck with that but I think it's a lot more difficult and skill requiring than you think, but if you want to give a shot by all means. Anyone could mount a screen in there, but to make it look aesthetically pleasing takes skill. If your already great at cutting, shaping, and bondo work your half way there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8th gen nav install idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.